Community Events 4.04 brings down site

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Community Events 4.04 brings down site

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Annette
    Participant

Hello:
    There was an automatic push to my site last night upgrading Community Events from the 4.0.2 version that I had successfully working to the 4.0.4 version that has now brought down my site and given me a blank white screen yet again. Please tell me how to turn off these automatic pushes so that I don’t have to go through this manual update process again.

Thank you.

Geoff B.

Good evening Annette and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us. We are sorry to hear about the site crash. Yikes, that’s aweful!
    We will gladly try to assist you on this topic.

I believe you should know that normally, our plugins do not update on their own.
    The built-in behaviour is that you get notified every time an update is available,

But you and you alone should get to decide if and when you want to apply the updates.

This leads me to believe that there is probably something in your WordPress wp-config.php file our in the functions.php file of your plugin that triggers the auto-update.

To prevent this from happening again, I suggest reading the following page from the WordPress codex.
    This should enable you to control what gets updated and when.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Community Events 4.04 brings down site’ is closed to new replies.