Community Event Submission Not Working Properly Since Update

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Community Event Submission Not Working Properly Since Update

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Laura
    Participant

Hi
    Since updating my community events plugin I’ve discovered a few errors.

1. No calendar opens when users are selecting a date for the event.
    2. When clicking on the recurrence option there is end date for them to enter which is obviously needed for me to approve.
    3. When selecting the recurrence option from the drop down list ‘custom’ does not bring up the day, week, month, year option like it does when I am logged in as admin.
    4. When selecting a saved venue or organiser it only shows the name and not the other details ie address, website etc.

I have only picked up on this due to the number of events coming through for approval incomplete.

Any idea what I need to do to fix this please?

Many thanks

Laura

Rob

Hey Laura. Thanks for the note here, and my apologies that we didn’t see it before now. It looks like this is a Community Events ticket which accidentally got filed in the Events Calendar PRO forum. I’ve moved it over to the proper forum and have alerted Casey, who runs this forum, of it’s presence. He’ll be in touch shortly.

Thanks again for your patience and support so far.

Rob

We totally missed this one for you, Laura. I apologize – are you still having issues here? We’re committed to getting this sorted for you in as timely a fashion as possible if so. Let me know.

Casey
    Participant

Laura,
    Thanks for reaching out, and so sorry that this thread got overlooked. Let me know if you’re still having issues and I’ll be glad to assist. Thanks!

Laura
    Participant

Helloooo thanks for the replies guys.

I am still having a problem with this I’m afraid.

It doesn’t seem to allow community users to include an end date for a recurring event which then means that I can’t publish it without checking the date with the user who submitted the event – kind of defeats the object of allowing users to submit their own.

Not sure if there is something I’m missing? It seemed to work fine right up until my last update.

Here’s the link to the community submission page…
    http://sunderlandparents.co.uk/events/community/add

You can see it gives you the option to set recurring events but no option to say when it ends?
    Hope that all makes sense 🙂

Thanks again

Laura

Casey
    Participant

Laura,
    I’m seeing a lot of JavaScript errors on your site. Can you try temporarily reverting to the 2012 theme and see if this issue still persists?

Laura
    Participant

Hey Casey
    I’ve reverted back to the 2012 theme but there still isn’t an option for end date on a recurring event. I’ve also deactivated all other plugins but still no end date option.
    I feel as though I must be missing something glaring obvious but really can’t see it.
    Thanks again
    Laura

Casey
    Participant

Laura,
    This is due to the JavaScript errors that are occurring on your site. Are you still using WordPress 3.5.2? If so, can you upgrade to WordPress 3.6 and see if that fixes the issue?

Laura
    Participant

I am already running 3.6

Casey
    Participant

Ok, good to know. It looks like this might be an issue with your theme referencing a really old version of jQuery (1.4.2). I would reach out to your theme developer to see if they can help you update the theme to reference the latest version of jQuery, or see if there’s an update available to your theme.

Hope that helps!

Laura
    Participant

Okey doke, thank you Casey, I’ll give that a go.

Casey
    Participant

Great! Just let us know if we can help further. Good luck!

Casey
    Participant

Laura,
    Did this issue get resolved? Just let me know if I can help further, or if we can close out this thread. Thanks!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Community Event Submission Not Working Properly Since Update’ is closed to new replies.