community event cc

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events community event cc

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jonwalker72
    Participant

while modifying the the function.php file to target the community events pages css I came across a little problem. After submitting an event there is a little message that appears that says “event submitted” or if you delete and event the message says “event deleted”… both message appear to be linked to:

#tribe-community-events div.updated, .login .message { }

I change the background and it only affects the “event submitted” message, while the “event deleted” message’s background isn’t changing.

I was able to get both messages to respond correctly by creating a file at [your-theme]/tribe-events/community/tribe-events-community.css, and modifying the same line of code there.

Why didn’t it work with the function.php file? All my other css for the community events pages has done fine there.

My problem is… now i have css for the community events in the function.php and in the overridden css file I created. Where is the best place for this css? I mostly referring for when this plugin or my theme is updated… I dont want to have to redo this.

Casey
    Participant

jonwalker72,
    Thanks for reaching out! If you’re already overriding the ‘tribe-events-community.css’ file, then I would suggest removing all CSS rules from your functions.php file and placing them in your overridden CSS file. The functions.php file CSS rules are intended for small, quick style changes only, but overriding the CSS file is the preferred method.

Hopefully that helps to point you in the right direction, but let me know if you have further questions. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

Great! Thanks for confirming that this got you sorted. Since it looks like you’re all set, I’m going to mark this thread “Answered” and close it out.

By the way, if you have a minute or two, we would love it if you’d write a few words for us here: http://m.tri.be/jw

Thanks in advance. 🙂

Cheers,
    Casey

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘community event cc’ is closed to new replies.