Community Email Alerts Not Working

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Community Email Alerts Not Working

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    ppcog
    Participant

My Email Alerts from the community plugin are not being sent to the email address I have listed. The alerts previously worked, but not it does nothing. Thoughts?

Casey
    Participant

ppcog,
    Sorry to hear you’re having trouble hear, but hopefully I can help. Are you able to receive other emails from WordPress? Try creating a new user account (with an email address you receive) and checking the ‘Send Password?’ checkbox. If you don’t receive that email, then I would follow up with your web host to troubleshoot.

If you do receive that email, then let me know and I can investigate further. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

ppcog
    Participant

I tested this method and was able to send a email to a new user by creating a new user.

Casey
    Participant

ppcog,
    Can you confirm that the emails are not getting marked as spam?

ppcog
    Participant

Just checked and they are not in my spam folder.

Casey
    Participant

ppcog,
    Are you using a public email address like Gmail? I was just able to verify in my environment that I’m successfully receiving email alerts to my @gmail.com address, so could you try using a different email address just to make sure your email provider isn’t marking it as spam, or filtering it out somehow?

Try that and let me know the outcome. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

ppcog
    Participant

I was able to add multiple email addresses to the alert box and it sent a email to my @mac.com address but not my @ppcog.com email address. I also verified that it is not going across as spam mail nor junk mail. The odd factor is that just month ago I was receiving the emails at my @ppcog.com address. It has just recently changed after I ran updates.

Casey
    Participant

ppcog,
    Are you able to receive other emails from WordPress to your @ppcog.com email? You can test this by creating a new user with a valid @ppcog.com email address, and checking the ‘Send Password’ box.

The Community add-on uses the standard wp_mail method to send email notifications, so if that’s not working, then you also shouldn’t be receiving any other WordPress emails to your @ppcog.com email. Is that the case?

If so, I would reach out to your webhost, since there can sometimes be DNS issues related to sending emails to addresses on the hosted domain. Just let me know! Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

I just wanted to follow up and see if you’re all set here or if you still have further questions. Just let me know if you need further help or if I should go ahead and close out this thread. Thanks! πŸ™‚

-Casey-

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Community Email Alerts Not Working’ is closed to new replies.