Comments on Single Event and Advanced Template Setting on Community Event Form

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Comments on Single Event and Advanced Template Setting on Community Event Form

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    James
    Participant

Hello,

a)When I enable comments and viewing on a mobile device the comments appear before the event details and venue information. How can I move them to after those items? View live on mobike device here:
    http://www.letsgolaguna.com/event/kids-art-studio/2015-10-18/

b)I have added some information to “Add HTML after event content”, however, it is also including this on the community event submission form. Is there a way to remove it from there: You can view live here:
    http://www.letsgolaguna.com/events/ (do want it at bottom of page here)
    http://www.letsgolaguna.com/events/community/add (don’t want it at bottom of page here)

Thanks!!!

George
    Participant

Hey @James,

Unfortunately the issue where the venue details and such are ending up below the comments is because of your theme – it is putting the venue/organizer information in the sidebar of the page, and then the theme itself pushes the sidebar down below content on mobile views, so the venue/organizer info ends up there πŸ™

One thing within our plugin that might help combat this is changing the Events Template – if you go to Events > Settings > Display in your site’s wp-admin, there will be an option that is literally named “Events template”. Try out all the different templates there and see if any of them handle the organizer/venue data for events in a better way than the current template. If not, unfortunately your best course of action is to contact the theme developer about how to change the page layout here.

As for hiding the after-content HTML on the community page, this is indeed quite possible. You can hide that on the community page by adding the following CSS to the bottom of your theme’s style.css file:

body.tribe_community_edit .tribe-events-after-html {
    display: none !important;
    }

I hope that helps!

β€” George

James
    Participant

a)yeah, unfortunately I checked with them already and they basically put the ball in your court.
    b)Anyway to disable it on the single event page as well?
    Thanks!

George
    Participant

a) This oughtta help hide the “after content HTML” on single event pages:

body.single-tribe_events .tribe-events-after-html {
    display: none !important;
    }

b) Sorry that you’ve been ping-ponged between support teams. I hope this code here helps!

Sincerely,
    George

PS
    Happy Friday πŸ˜€

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Comments on Single Event and Advanced Template Setting on Community Event Form’ is closed to new replies.