Combining CSS files

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Combining CSS files

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chris
    Participant

Hi there,

I’m using Events Calendar Pro, and the site is loading 11 CSS files for calendar pages, and 7 CSS files on pages with no Events Calendar content. This is not good for performance, obviously.

I want to be able to combine all the CSS into one file and serve it compressed, but the custom CSS options seem to support only overriding styles, not replacing the existing stylesheets. I can grab all the CSS and create my own file, but I need a way to turn off all CSS loaded by the plugin.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Zach Tirrell
    Keymaster

Hi Chris,

Turning off all of the CSS is relatively straightforward, you just have to dequeue all of our CSS.

I think this snippet should do exactly what you are looking for: https://gist.github.com/ckpicker/ffe7c737b73e5d581bad

Let me know if that works for you.

Chris
    Participant

Thanks for your help,

That did work to remove most of the scripts. I did find a couple more.

wp_dequeue_style( ‘tribe_events-widget-calendar-pro-style’ );
    wp_dequeue_style( ‘tribe_events–widget-calendar-pro-override-style’ );
    wp_dequeue_style( ‘tribe-events-calendar-pro-override-style’ );

I’d love a SASS version of the styles for The Events Calendar, if you were ever thinking of future enhancements. The plugin is awesome, but adds a ton of HTTPS requests, and the styles, though effective, could be reduced in size.

Zach Tirrell
    Keymaster

Great! I’m glad that did the trick.

If you are interested in combined CSS and/or SASS, we would love of you to add that to our UserVoice for feature ideas.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Combining CSS files’ is closed to new replies.