Combining Community Calendar events with Regular calendar events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Combining Community Calendar events with Regular calendar events

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    arkiii
    Participant

Is there a way for annonymous users to post an event using the community events plugin to the calendar pro calendar. I would like the ability for anonymous users to post pending approval but show up on the calendar that registered users can post to.

Barry

Hi!

You can definitely allow anonymous users to submit events – the checkbox for this setting lives at Eventsย โ†’ Settings โ†’ Community โ†’ Allow Anonymous Submissions. On the same admin screen you can change the default status for submissions to Pending Draft.

What you cannot currently do is configure a different status for anonymous submissions as compared to submissions by logged in users (not without a little customization work at least).

This would certainly make for a good feature request, though, if you wished to post one ๐Ÿ™‚

arkiii
    Participant

Thanks Barry. I am able to allow anonymous users to create events and I can then approve them later but when they are finally approved, they are not showing up on the events calendar that registered users are using. I want all events on one calendar regardless of who is posting them. the only difference is that registered users do not have to have their events approved. Is that possible?

Barry

That’s exactly what should be happening. So long as the events are published it should not matter whether they were created by authenticated users or unauthenticated (anonymous) users.

For one of the events that are not showing up, can you confirm that it has definitely been published?

arkiii
    Participant

Thanks Barry. The problem was that the event had not been published. i missed that!

Barry

That would do it – glad you got things working ๐Ÿ™‚

I’ll go ahead and close this thread but if we can help with anything else please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Also, if you have a moment and wished to leave a review we’d love to hear from you!

Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Combining Community Calendar events with Regular calendar events’ is closed to new replies.