Color coded category legend

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Color coded category legend

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Cappy
    Participant

Hello wizard masters of the internet!

Things are going swimmingly with our events calendar! I just have one tweak I want to make. I have the categories color coded on the month view, and I would like to change the drop down category filter to check boxes that are colored.

□ Category 1(Red) □ Category 2(Blue)….etc,

Is this something that can be done in CSS?

Thank you!

Cappy

George
    Participant

Hey @Cappy!

Unfortunately, even with our wizard mastery, checking boxes on a page is usually not something that can be achieved with CSS 🙁

I’m really sorry about that! I hate to bear bad news like this, especially when your post includes compliments, but CSS does not have the ability to manipulate the DOM – just to style it.

Checking boxes can be achieved with JavaScript, though custom JavaScript is a bit outside the scope of custom-code support we can offer here on the forums.

Apologies for any disappointment with our Wizard Mastery™ – please let us know if you have any further thoughts on this matter or if there’s anything else we can help with!

Cheers,
    George

Cappy
    Participant

Hi George,

Is there possibly a way to add a category legend in the template?

Cheers!

Cappy

George
    Participant

Hey Cappy,

Can you clarify exactly what you mean by “add a category legend in the template”?

What is a category legend?

Are there examples of this online that you can link to for reference?

Apologies for my misunderstanding here! I just want to say “yes” or “no” without knowing precisely what you mean 🙂

Thanks,
    George

Cappy
    Participant

Hi George,

I found this in your showcase.

http://www.sockeyebrew.com/events/

I was looking for something like that. I am guess the categories above is rather custom, so I sent off an email to see if their webmaster could tell me how they did it.

Cheers,

Cappy

George
    Participant

Thanks for clarifying Cappy – I believe they are using this plugin, which is not an “official” one by Modern Tribe (i.e., we don’t make it and don’t support it), but it’s solidly coded and maintained by one of our most awesome community members, Andy Fragen → https://wordpress.org/plugins/the-events-calendar-category-colors/

Try it out! Let us know if that suits your needs well.

Cheers,
    George

Cappy
    Participant

Beautiful George! Works perfectly!

Just one last quick question. Is there anyway to get the month-view to display more events in a day? Or even perhaps get rid of the “View all x events” and have the row change size to accommodate all the events?

Thank you so much!

George
    Participant

Glad to hear it Cappy! Unfortunately, in regards to the Month View questions, these things would not be possible without some extensive custom coding, which we unfortunately do not offer support for here 🙁 Sorry to disappoint on that!

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can help with!

Cheers,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Color coded category legend’ is closed to new replies.