Clicking through from checkout to paypal causes error

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Clicking through from checkout to paypal causes error

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Will
    Participant

Hi, when i try to complete the checkout process i get an error page on paypal (“Sorry, an error occurred after you clicked the last link”)

I have made a tweak to the theme’s functions.php as outlined in this post

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/show-event-date-in-woocommerce-cart-next-to-ticket/

as this gives a much needed result in the buying process, so much so i’m surprised it’s not there by default!

I have tried this purchase without the change to the functions file, though it still gives the same result.

Will
    Participant

This seems to be working now so maybe there was some temporary glitch with paypal?, however the customisations I made so the cart and checkout would display the date of the event do translate through to the information sent to paypal and i can assume this info subsequently won’t appear on the order, invoice etc.

This makes this ticket selling plugin a bit useless as there is no way to know what event and date they have purchased a ticket for, well, without actually going into the individual orders and clicking on the ticket they ordered to see what it opens up. Am i missing something the setup of is this a bit of an oversight?, thanks.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by Will.
    George
    Participant

Hey @Will,

I’m glad to hear that progress has been made – issues with PayPal connection/order process can be tricky to solve because sometimes, as you hinted at, there indeed glitches or temporary errors with PayPal connectivity and whatnot. Lots of variables and moving parts, in other words…

In regards to your comments about customizations, I’m glad those are working too. I agree that supplying more event information to the PayPal orders and such would be better than what is currently provided; unfortunately, it’s actually quite a complicated bit of code to get PayPal to handle and display something like the Event Title or event date or something.

I know of no specific release dates for such improvements at this time, but will reach out to our developers and see if we can make a development ticket for some improved integration with PayPal via their API or otherwise.

Let me know what your thoughts are here and if you have any further questions I can help with.

Thank you,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Clicking through from checkout to paypal causes error’ is closed to new replies.