Clicking on Single Event title goes to Home Page

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Clicking on Single Event title goes to Home Page

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ann Marie Gill
    Participant

Has anyone else had this problem when clicking on the title in Event List – it takes the user to the home page and not the single event page. This ONLY happens after I edit and update an event. When the event is brand new and Published it works fine so I don’t believe it is a plugin or theme conflict

Barry

Hi Ann Marie,

I can’t replicate that even if I edit and update – so on first impressions I tend to think it might be a conflict. If possible, can you run through these steps?

• Please ensure that your Modern Tribe plugins are up-to-date and in-synch … for instance if you are using The Events Calendar 2.0.11 you must also use Events Calendar PRO 2.0.11
    • Deactivate all other plugins and change your theme to a default, unmodified one such as Twenty Eleven or Twenty Twelve
    • Now test to see if the problem still exists
    • If the problem has been solved by these steps, start reactivating everything one-at-a-time, testing at each point to see if the issue has returned
    • If the issue does return, take note of whichever plugin (or theme) you reactivated immediately before it started again – it’s likely there is a conflict with this item
    Jenna
    Participant

We ran into a similar problem. In our case, we noticed it had something to do with the permalink of the event post. Either WP or the plugin couldn’t handle duplicate permalinks (urls). This usually happened if the event we posted was a recurring event (or the event happened before, and now it’s happening again so we used a similar title when creating the new event). We bypassed this issue by testing the link after each time we made an event. If it redirected to the home page we would have to go and change the url slug so it was unique. While tedious, it’s the only thing we knew that served as a workaround. Hope this helps!

Barry

Thanks Jenna: Ann Marie hopefully that’s of some help here – if not, and you still need help on this one, feel free to update with the result of those troubleshooting steps 🙂

Ann Marie Gill
    Participant

Thank you both. Jenna – great workaround. Didn’t even think of that. Unfortunately I had to remove WooTickets. I was just having way too many problems and not enough customization features that I expected – especially in the ticket part. I am using WooCommerce with another Calendar/Event plugin that is free and it works great. Guess I lost my $50. I really tried to make it work.

Barry

We’re really sorry to hear that Ann Marie.

Barry

This reply is private.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Clicking on Single Event title goes to Home Page’ is closed to new replies.