Clicking on a repeating event takes you to a different event in the series

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Clicking on a repeating event takes you to a different event in the series

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Glenn
    Participant

Hello,

I have an event that repeats every Monday. During the week before they finalise the line-up and I break it from the series and update the featured image.

I notice that the next event is showing as 27/4/15 (Aust date format – You Americans need to assimilate!) ๐Ÿ˜‰ But when I click on it I am presented with 18/05/15.

Link to site Looking for the Local Taphouse.

Thoughts?

Glenn.

George
    Participant

Hey Glenn,

Sorry for the trouble you’ve run into here. For one thing, we’ve made sure our plugin supports a whole bevy of date formats! ๐Ÿ™‚ Head to Events > Settings > Display and then modify any of the datepicker formats you’d like, you should be able to find and use a useful/satisfying format.

As for your recurrence issues, I’m curious if you’re able to reproduce this behavior with another series of events? If this is too much of a pain on your live site, no worries, but if possible, you should try creating just a sample “test” event series โ€“ you can use a similar recurrence pattern or a totally different one as your problematic one here, but it doesn’t really matter. Whatever recurrence you set up, just try navigating through events in a similar way to how you’re navigating through the series you mention here, and see if you run into similar date errors with it too.

The second and final question I have is if you only notice this problematic behavior with events that you break out of the series โ€“ย or do you notice it with any event in this series regardless of it being broken out or not?

Let me know if what I’ve described here makes sense โ€“ย and, if you can make some test events and investigate this behavior a bit, let us know what you find!

Thanks,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Clicking on a repeating event takes you to a different event in the series’ is closed to new replies.