Class registration options

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Class registration options

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Megan Yalkut

I am trying to find the perfect plugin/combo to do the following. Can you tell me if your plugin will do this, and if not what add-ons I need to solve the equation:

1. want class registration (basically event registration, but I’d prefer some customizations since most event plugins are oriented around buying “tickets” and have end times listed which I ideally don’t want required).

2. want the ability to take deposits, and let people pay the remainder.

3. want to be able to list different categories of events/classes on different web pages.

4.want to be able to show description of class, or controlled length of excertp, in the listing (not just photo and title).

5. want to be able to have “add to cart” button rather than just register, so people can choose more than one course before they pay/register.
    Ideal scenario would be to have both an add to cart button as well as a view details button for each listing as well as add to cart on the event detail page.

(I have used Event Espresso as well as Woo Commerce and want a combination of their features along with ability to take deposits which I see the woo deposit plugin would enable.)

Megan Yalkut

I went ahead and installed the events calendar plugin to experiment and have a more specific question now about listing categories of events on specific pages.
    If I purchase Wootickets will I be able to use woocommerce shortcodes to display categories on different pages? Does the wooticket plugin essentially turn the event into a product, with the same options as products, or is that a separate thing from the event list entirely?

If not, can you direct me to instructions for displaying specific categories of events on a page? I want to make sure this is possible and not too difficult to implement before I purchase the wooticket plugin because it is essential to the website layout.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for the interest in WooCommerce tickets. I have tried to answer your questions below.

Here is a demo of the ticking plugin and goes through the entire process with all the information collected:

http://wpshindig.com/event/the-events-calendar-wootickets-wordpress-demo/

1. want class registration (basically event registration, but I’d prefer some customizations since most event plugins are oriented around buying “tickets” and have end times listed which I ideally don’t want required).

Our ticking solutions are based around creating tickets and not registration so it is limited in the information collected. So if one person buys 4 tickets, the tickets are assigned to just that person.

2. want the ability to take deposits, and let people pay the remainder.

We do not modify the WooCommerce Checkout Process, however, it is unclear if the deposit features will work with the tickets.

3. want to be able to list different categories of events/classes on different web pages.

Pro has the list widget that enables you to show different events based on categories.

4.want to be able to show description of class, or controlled length of excertp, in the listing (not just photo and title).

You could follow our themer’s guide to get more information from the events on there:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

5. want to be able to have “add to cart” button rather than just register, so people can choose more than one course before they pay/register.
    Ideal scenario would be to have both an add to cart button as well as a view details button for each listing as well as add to cart on the event detail page.

You can purchase multiple tickets from different events by going to different single events pages.

If I purchase Wootickets will I be able to use woocommerce shortcodes to display categories on different pages?

The Products the Ticketing plugin creates are hidden from the shop page and do not include a category. You would have to edit each Ticket product to show them and add the category. Tickets are only created within the single event edit page of the admin.

Does the wooticket plugin essentially turn the event into a product, with the same options as products, or is that a separate thing from the event list entirely?

It creates a ticket product which is embeded in the event where the ticket was created per the demo.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks

Megan Yalkut

Thanks for the reply.
    I just looked at WPEC Tickets and don’t really understand the difference between it and woo tickets. Can you summarize?

One thing it looks like WPEC can do is add “multiple tickets” to the same event. Is that correct or did I misunderstand that in what i read?
    I’m wondering if that would be a workaround for the fact that you can’t add more than one day/time to an event. Can you add more than one ticket to the same event, each ticket with a different date/time?

Brian
    Keymaster

So all our Ticking Plugins have similar features so there is no difference for the most part beyond how they interact with the related eCommerce plugin.

WooCommerce also supports creating multiple tickets per event.

You can see a demo here with an event with 3 different tickets:

http://wpshindig.com/event/the-events-calendar-wootickets-wordpress-demo/

However, there is no global stock so all 3 have their own inventory.

There is no workaround to add another date and time for an event.

You could put the date and time in the ticket name so people know what it is for.

Megan Yalkut

OK, thanks, that makes sense now. One more question:
    Will the Woo Tix orders be handled same as Woocommerce? Specifically: If I set up paypal IPN will it show that it is paid in the event backend? Also, can I use the woocommerce extra feature to “autocomplete all paid orders” or do I need to add code manually to do that?

Megan Yalkut

I forgot to add to that list: can you manually add a ticket order like you can in woocommerce to products?

Brian
    Keymaster

We do not modify the payment process and all tickets purchased go through WooCommerce’s order system. That is where it would show paid. The tickets are a product per WooCommerce and can be found in the Product listing. (they are hidden by default from the shop page)

And the Autocomplete all paid orders should work, I have used a snippet provided by WooCommerce to complete all orders and that has worked in the past as well.

You also can manually create orders and add tickets to them.

Brian
    Keymaster

Since there is has not been any activity on this thread for over 2 weeks so I am now closing it. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Class registration options’ is closed to new replies.