city and province drop downs in event submission?

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events city and province drop downs in event submission?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Tran
    Participant

hello,
    I have a series of questions that I’d like to know an answer too, thank you for your time!

I’ve made it so that in my add events page for community events, only the countries Canada and United States are an option (this is good), when I select United States, a drop down menu appears with all states, however when I click Canada, no drop down appears and only a text field to enter the province name. How can I create a dropdown menu when Canada is selected as the country that will contain all canadian provinces in a dropdown (like it does for the united states)?

I would also like to create a drop down for cities, so depending on which country is selected, and which province is selected, than the cities in that province in which I service will appear in a drop-down to be selected from…

Can I do this with the community events plugin?

Is there a way I can remove New Organizer from an option (or just default to the logged in user’s name, and not show any other organizers?)

Is there a way I can limit the venue drop down options, to show only venues of the events I have made in the past (that way no other users venues will appear in my drop down menu, when Im signed in and vis versa when another user is logged in?)

Does Filter Plugin work with Community Events – event submission feature?

Thanks again!

Casey D

Hello minglebuds,

These are some great questions! Unfortunately most of this level of customization goes beyond the scope of the forums.

We don’t currently offer out of the box support for Canadian provinces or any cities, especially in the Community Events plugin, but if you’re interested in developing you’re own solution, the community/modules/venue.php file should be helpful.

There is no way to default to the logged in users name (although that is a very good idea). You can set other defaults in the Events Settings > Default tab. If you have a moment, we’d love for you to submit your idea to our UserVoice forum. We take user ideas and contributions very seriously, and many times their ideas end up in our future releases.

For the venues dropdown, do you mean only venues that you the admin account have created? I’m betting you could filter the venue query, but that is a customization we won’t be able to help with.

The Filter Plugin doesn’t really work with the Community Events plugin. They don’t conflict, there just isn’t any need for integration. Community Events is used for creating events, the Filter Bar is used for viewing them.

Sorry for the unhelpful answers! If there is anything I can help with let me know!

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Tran
    Participant

Thank you for your response, for the venues drop down, I was hoping we could have it set up so that only venues that the ‘logged in user’ created would show up, not specific to anyone one account.

In the venues.php file, is this where I would be able to program in dropdown menus for provinces in Canada (just like the states dropdown for united states?)

I will most definitely lend a suggestion to your UserVoice forum,

Thanks,

Casey D

From my understanding you want to look at these two files:

the-events-calendar-community-events/views/community/modules/venue.php line 121 and the subsequent function loadStates() in the-events-calendar/lib/tribe-view-helpers.class.php line 307.

You could probably build a similar loadProvinces (maybe even a loadCities if you were ambitious), but they would not be supported as you would have to manipulate the core code.

Does this make sense? Let me know if this doesn’t work for you.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Tran
    Participant

Thank you, that is very helpful.

Casey D

Hello minglebuds,

Great!

We’d love it if you would leave us a review and let people know how much you like the plugin! http://m.tri.be/jt

I’ll go ahead and close this thread. Let us know if we can help with anything else.

– Casey Driscoll

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘city and province drop downs in event submission?’ is closed to new replies.