Chirps Theme – Only showing Excerpts

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Chirps Theme – Only showing Excerpts

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    roncomdoo
    Participant

Hi there,
    got a big Problem cause we have to launch our new Site in new Design.
    Found a Knowledgebase Article about Geneses Framework and also X-theme or WooCommerce.
    I got the same Problem with Chirps Theme. Just only showing an Excerpt on Main-Calendar-Page.
    How can i fix this? Tryed a few things but nothing works.
    At the Moment i have maintanance-mode on on my page.
    Please help me soon – clients are making trouble…

Thanks in Advance
    Greets
    Ron

Barry

Hi Ron,

I’m sorry you’re experiencing difficulties.

Unfortunately I’m not familiar with Chirps, nor does it seem to be freely available so I can’t take a quick look at the code. The first thing to try in any case is visiting the Events → Settings → Display admin screen and alter the event template setting.

You may find one template works better than another – so some experimentation is well worthwhile 🙂

Let me know how you get on!

roncomdoo
    Participant

Hey Barry,

i did already tests with those templates.
    Only the Defaulttemplate shows me parts of the Main-Page of ec-pro. Its real ugly composition and
    unfortunately the real excerpts/descriptions from single-event are not showing.
    If i use the templates from Chirps( tested everyone) the main-page shows me
    only some excerpt from the mainpage of ec-pro.
    Chirps is really worth to check it out.

I read about the problem with woocommerce and genesis and it sounds like the same issue.
    Its not interpreting the tags right.
    Please help me! What can we do?

thanks in advance
    Greetz
    ron

Barry

Hi Ron,

Only the Defaulttemplate shows me parts of the Main-Page of ec-pro. Its real ugly composition and
    unfortunately the real excerpts/descriptions from single-event are not showing.

So it works and shows all the information but the appearance leaves a litte to be desired – if so, how about giving it a go and trying to improve things with some custom styling?

Alternatively, are you able to approach the authors of Chirps and ask if they can help you avoid content being converted to excerpts? If they can give you some code for that, we can probably help you to apply it only to event pages using logic like this:

if ( tribe_is_event_query() ) {
        /* Code to avoid the excerpt issue */
    }
    Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Chirps Theme – Only showing Excerpts’ is closed to new replies.