Child theme of twentyfourteen obscures tribe bar

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Child theme of twentyfourteen obscures tribe bar

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    pickleshy
    Participant

I’m attempting to create a child theme so that I can customize the template files, but when I base the child theme on twentyfourteen, the Tribe Events Bar gets obscured behind the twentyfourteen’s left sidebar. BUT, when I use twentyfourteen proper (no child), it’s fine. My theme is currently empty except for the style.css file with the import statement. Has anyone else experienced similar issues? My basic template settings are set to Tribe Event Styles and Default Event Template. These don’t change when I switch between twentyfourteen and the child theme.

In the interest of full-disclosure, I had started this theme based on the twentytwelve theme, but changed the base two twentyfourteen. I didn’t think that would be a problem, but maybe it is. I did just try making another test child theme and saw the same issue. But I’ve search the Modern Tribe site and haven’t seen this issue raised, which seems improbable if it’s not just me.

More gritty details: I investigated the css of form#tribe-bar-form and saw this discrepancy in the child theme and original theme. My css isn’t good enough to know why perspective-origin and transfer-origin would be changed in the child theme.

child:

-webkit-perspective-origin: 500px 38px;
    -webkit-transform-origin: 500px 38px;
    width: 1000px;
    > #tribe-bar-form – 100%

twentyfourteen:

-webkit-perspective-origin: 480px 38px;
    -webkit-transform-origin: 480px 38px;
    width: 960px;
    > #tribe-bar-form – 100%

pickleshy
    Participant

I found the problem. The css rule that sets the padding for the div.tribe-events-pg-template also uses a dynamically created class of a parent div. When the 2014 theme is used, the parent div’s class name is .tribe-theme-twentyfourteen. That div has a different class name in my child theme. I added a rule to my parent theme to use the new class name and set the padding appropriately. All is well!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Child theme of twentyfourteen obscures tribe bar’ is closed to new replies.