Checkbox

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Stephan
    Participant

Hi,

to be compliant with the GDPR i need to add a checkbox with some text to my comunity events form. The user should only be able to submit the event when he/she has confirmed the text (GDPR bla bla bla).

Can you help me out?

Thanks

Stephan

Hi Stephan,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

You can create a custom field and add it to your Community Events Submission Form.  From there, you can make the field a Required Field.

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/required-fields-for-events-submission-form/

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Stephan
    Participant

Dear Jamie,

thanks for answering. Unhappily working with php is not part of my skills, as well as good looking or long distance running

Given the fact that every user in the E.U. needs a an opt-in in every contact form because of the fu*****ing, i mean wonderful GDPR, could you obligingly provide a piece of code as an example or at least some more help for a clumsy creature like me???

In deep eternal gratitude

Stephan

Hi Stephan,

No worries, I totally understand where you’re coming from.

Another idea that I had was that you could add some type of disclaimer plugin to the site that you could add to your submission form.

A quick search brought up the following plugins that may be able to help you:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/tags/disclaimer/

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Checkbox’ is closed to new replies.