Check in not working when scanning QR code using iPhone

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Check in not working when scanning QR code using iPhone

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Benjamin Thomas
    Participant

Hi,

Check-in is not working when scanning ticket QR codes using iPhones. When we scan the QR code, Safari just redirects to the event page. The same happens when we a browser session to the backend from Chrome.

It works fine for Android phones – any idea what the problem may be?

Kind regards,

Ben

Ronald
    Participant

Hi Ben,

Can you let me know which QR reader you are using? We usually see this problem when the site doesn’t recognize you as logged in so I want to eliminate that possibility first.

Thanks!

Benjamin Thomas
    Participant

Hi Ronald,

We used QRReader.

Thanks and regards,

Ben

Ronald
    Participant

Hi Ben,

I do not use that particular app but here are the general steps and a couple items for troubleshooting.

How to check in using Ticket Plus’s QR Codes:

1. Get an App for your phone or tablet that can read QR codes (Scan for IOS<span class=”Apple-converted-space”> </span>is an example)
    2. Setup the Scanner App to open in a browser or in the app itself (I used Chrome as my browser with the app and signed in there)
    3. In either sign into your site with at least a author level account or create a special account with edit_posts and read capabilities (User Role Editor is an easy plugin to do this with)
    4. Scan the QR Code and you will get a success message such as “This Ticket with ID xxxx was checked in.”

If you are just seeing the event page with no success message it does not recognize you as logged in.

Also, check Safari cookie settings.  Make sure that cookies are set to “Always allow”.

Let me know if you have any luck,

Thanks,

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Check in not working when scanning QR code using iPhone’ is closed to new replies.