Charging the client for the Front-end event/ticket submission

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Charging the client for the Front-end event/ticket submission

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Farhad

Hi,

I went through the forum regarding the charging clients while they are going to submit front-end event or ticket. May I know please, If there is no way to charge the client for submitting the event, then what is the purpose of perineum/VIP events and how the attendees will pay for ticket? or whom is getting benefit in between? Lets say if there is back-end/front-end event/ticket directory, the client need to pay for event/ticket submission to the Directory owner, and the event visitors need to buy the ticket from the directory later on. In this case, How will be the payment procedure to Directory owner through basic fee and each individual ticket commission?

secondly, How to charge the client for submitting the event/ticket while there is no way to do this at this moment? Any solution?

Thank you

Geoff

Hello Farhad and thanks for following up on this feature request.

You’re correct that there is currently no method for charging users to submit events through Community Events right out of the box. I’m also not aware of any workarounds that exist for doing so at the moment, quite unfortunately.

Currently, tickets are a separate feature from Community Events. So, while you yourself can add a ticket to an event that has been submitted to the calendar from Community Events, the person submitting the event does not have the ability to do that. Again, I wish I had a workaround for you here, but I haven’t seen one. For the time being, the benefit of tickets is to allow you to sell tickets for your own events on your site.

Sorry for the bad news here, but does this help answer your question?

Thanks,
    Geoff

Farhad

Hi Geoff,

Thank you for the reply.

What I need is to sell the ticket in single website(Admin Website) and not third party websites. May I know, in new coming plugin/feature, which client can add the ticket from front-end, Who is collecting the ticket’s fee? Will it goes to Admin bank account first and then Admin will pay the ticket’s money back to client after reduction of Admin’s commission or No he can set up bank account for himself to collect all money by himself?

If the ticket’s Fee goes to Admin account, I think it can be allow the members to add the event after payment to the ticketing website as paid member. There are some plugin for this already out there. How you think? Thank you.

Geoff

Hi Farhad,

These are excellent questions! However, I honestly do not have any information on the functionality of a feature that hasn’t been released yet. To my knowledge, this is in the very early stages and nothing has been set in stone. If you have specific ideas or questions for how this should work, I would suggest heading over to the feature request forum and adding to the conversation going on there.

The idea you’re considering to have members pay to be members first and then allow them to post events could very well be a good solution in the meantime. Do please give that a go and let us know if you find that to be useful and what solution works best–I’m sure others in the community here would appreciate that as well. 🙂

Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Charging the client for the Front-end event/ticket submission’ is closed to new replies.