Charging for events

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Charging for events

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Max

If we are looking for a system to create events, publish them to the web on our site and take payment for tickets for our company’s events which version do we need and which add-ons do we need?

Can we use Eventica + The Events Calendar PRO Demo or do we need Eventica + WooCommerce Tickets Demo?

What is the cost to accomplish our goal?

All of the events for Demo #2 are sold out so I cannot identify if that allows us to take payments.

Geoff B.

Good evening Max and welcome to the Events Calendar forum!

Thank you for your interest in our products.
    We’ll be glad to answer your questions.

If we are looking for a system to create events, publish them to the web on our site and take payment for tickets for our company’s events which version do we need and which add-ons do we need?

In order to do that, you will need the following plug-ins:

1. Our free the Events Calendar plug-in https://wordpress.org/plugins/the-events-calendar/
    2. Our free Event tickets plug-in https://wordpress.org/plugins/event-tickets/
    3. Our premium Event Tickets Plus add-on: https://theeventscalendar.com/product/wordpress-event-tickets-plus/
    4. The e-commerce plug-in of your choice ( WooCommerce, EDD, WP E-commerce, etc..)

Can we use Eventica + The Events Calendar PRO Demo or do we need Eventica + WooCommerce Tickets Demo?

Although it works great with our ticketing solutions. the Events Calendar Pro is not required to accomplish your goal.
    Furthermore, WooCommerce Tickets has been replaced by Event Tickets Plus.

What is the cost to accomplish our goal?

It looks like the cost of accomplishing your goal is $89 USD.
    This will provide you with one year of updates for Event Tickets Plus as well as premium support.

All of the events for Demo #2 are sold out so I cannot identify if that allows us to take payments.

Yes with the set up described above, you will be able to take payments.

You will just need to set up your favorite payment gateway in your chosen e-commerce plug-in.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Max

So it sounds like I will need to extra things besides the event calander theme and plug-ins.
    1. a payment gateway
    2. an eCommerce plug-in

Is this correct?

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Max,

Yes that is correct.

However, both of these things are typically free (unless you have very specific needs).
    The most flexible and popular option is WooCommerce which lets you select tons of payment gateways (most of them free – e.g.: Paypal Express).

That being said, WooCommerce also allows you to activate payment types such as COD or even cheque payments if you do not want to use an actual payment gateway

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Max

Great thanks for the help. It looks like Woocommerce’s $249 Bookings option is redundant with the Event Calendar theme correct? So all I need to do is go through Woo for the free eCommerce Plugin then I can just get a free payment gateway set up through them too?

Geoff B.

Hey Max,

It looks like Woocommerce’s $249 Bookings option is redundant with the Event Calendar theme correct?

The bookings plugin is about resource management (reservation of a person/thing/room/etc..) whereas the Events Calendar is about event management.
    Since I do not know the full extent of what you are trying to accomplish, it is hard to say for sure if that would be redundant in your case.

However, you will be glad to know that we actually have a 30 days refund policy if you find out that our plugins do not meet your needs.

All I need to do is go through Woo for the free eCommerce Plugin then I can just get a free payment gateway set up through them too?

The basic WooCommerce plugin already offers a few payment options (including Paypal Express). If you want additional gateways, you can:

1. Get them from Woo
    2. Get them on the wordpress.org plugins page (there are several free or freemium ones)
    3. Get them through a WordPress plugin vendor such as CodeCanyon (Envato)

All of these should work. It is mainly a matter of shopping around until you find the combination that works for you.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Charging for events’ is closed to new replies.