Charging for an event listing – Wish to offer a 'Free' and a 'Paid' option

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Charging for an event listing – Wish to offer a 'Free' and a 'Paid' option

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Bob

Hi,

I have trawled through the product pages and also the knowledge-base and forums but, surprisingly, seem unable to find any reference to charging for an event listing.

NOT tickets, just posting an event.

Thinking of Pro and The Community Events module – do the plugins allow for charging for an event posting?

Regards
    Bob

Geoff B.

Good evening Bob and welcome to the Events Calendar forum!

Thank you for your interest in our products and we’ll be glad to answer your questions.

Charging for an event listing – Wish to offer a ‘Free’ and a ‘Paid’ option… I seem unable to find any reference to charging for an event listing. NOT tickets, just posting an event.

You are right, there is no Price field in our plugin.
    The main reason for that is because 99% of our clients that want to charge for an event do so using the Events Tickets Plus premium plugin.

This plugin integrates perfectly with the e-commerce plugin of your choice. It even allows you to sell multiple ticket types for a single event. You can even “sell” free tickets if you want.

We also have customers that do not want to charge for their events, but let their clients RSVP for events. These customers use our free the Events Tickets plugin.

So the simplest way to achieve what you are looking for would be through the use of the Events Tickets Plus premium plugin. None of our other plugins contain a charge field.
    You can even change the word Ticket to something else and prevent the ticket email from being sent if you prefer.

In other words, think of the word Ticket as charging for an event. You do not need to actually hand out tickets or call them tickets.

Thinking of Pro and The Community Events module – do the plugins allow for charging for an event posting?

Pro offers some wonderful additional features (views, recurring events, advanced widgets, shortcodes, etc..), but no price field

Community Events allows users to create and manage events on your website’s front-end, but does not contain a price field. That being said, you can extend that functionality by using Community tickets to allow ticket sales on Community Events (again, ticket is just a word for charging).

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Bob

Hi Geoff,

Firstly, thanks for the quick response and my apologies for my delay in reply..

I take on what you said above but, with all the modules required, it would start to become prohibitively costly for us, at present :-(.

Is there any functionality in PRO and Community Events plugins to enable ‘rights’ to post an event against their LogIn account? i.e – Can I allow ONLY CERTAIN users to submit events?

If not, a quick alternative scenario for you;

If I was to enable Community Events and set ‘New Events’ status default to ‘Draft’ I would, in effect, be able to review the ‘draft’ events against the WordPress User details and then, albeit manually, see if they have OUR permission to add new events. If the user details are allowed to add events, manually publish – if NOT allowed, reject the event and send an e-mail notifying why? Would this work?

Ideally, I’m looking for an easier (more automated solution!) and hope that this functionality may exist somewhere in PRO and Community Events but, if not, if the clunky, manual intervention method above would work we’ll probably have to go ‘clunking’ down that path!

Regards,
    Bob

Bob

..also, would the Event tickets plugin be of any benefit in trying to achieve this functionality?

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Bob,

Is there any functionality in PRO and Community Events plugins to enable ‘rights’ to post an event against their LogIn account? i.e – Can I allow ONLY CERTAIN users to submit events?

Just to clarify, you have a couple of way to go about this:

1. With no extra plugin but the Core (free) one, you can let people create events in the WordPress backend provided they have a user role that has the proper capabilities (publish_tribe_events). In fact I recommend you read more about it (using the Members plugin).
    2. If on the other hand you want people to be able to create events from the front-end, then you have to use Community Events. By default, you have to be logged in to be able to post and using the Members plugin (as explained above) you should have total control over who can do what (based on their user role).

If I was to enable Community Events and set ‘New Events’ status default to ‘Draft’ I would, in effect, be able to review the ‘draft’ events against the WordPress User details and then, albeit manually, see if they have OUR permission to add new events. If the user details are allowed to add events, manually publish – if NOT allowed, reject the event and send an e-mail notifying why? Would this work?

This can totally work too. You have control over the default status of submitted Community events as part of the Community Events plugin.

It’s really down to your personal preference.

..also, would the Event tickets plugin be of any benefit in trying to achieve this functionality?

Actually no, not for that specific goal.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Charging for an event listing – Wish to offer a 'Free' and a 'Paid' option’ is closed to new replies.