Charge user for new Event Listing

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Charge user for new Event Listing

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Joe
    Participant

Hi there,

Is it possible to link an Event Listing / Submission to a WooCommerce product so that when a user posts an event, they will then be redirected to a checkout / payment page? It would need to be a conditional dropdown field that specifies the payment amount.

This will be vital functionality for the site we’re developing…. We tried to build a custom solution using WP-Types CRED front-end submission, but unfortunately TEC post type is not compatible with it.

I hope there is a fairly straightforward solution available, otherwise we may need to ask for a refund of this plugin.

Kind regards.

Geoff

Hi Joe,

Thanks for getting in touch and great question.

I do not believe there is a straightforward way to link the creation of an event post to a WooCommerce product.

That said, I have seen other cases where adding a paywall between the user and the Community Events registration form has worked. For example, Restrict Content Pro can limit access to the form to paying members.

I realize this might not be exactly what you are looking for but I hope this at least helps answer your question as far as having a means for charging for event submissions.

Cheers,
    Geoff

Joe
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

This doesn’t really help us, we need variable pricing (two event options) and for the user to pay each time they’d like to post an event listing.

The restricted content plugins only really work for one-off payments.

It really is a shame this isn’t a default functionality of the community plugin, especially as the wording around it’s description alludes to this functionality being possible.

Regards.

Geoff

Hi Joe,

I’m certainly sorry to hear that and sorry to disappoint. I hope that my last reply at least helped answer your question though.

You had mentioned the possibility of asking for a refund for Community Events if the functionality you were looking for was not supported. Please let me know if that is something you would like and I would be happy to help process it.

Thanks,
    Geoff

Joe
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

Before I go ahead with a refund, can I ask if there’s any easy way to add custom fields to the Community Events submission form?

I was thinking that if I could add a Select Dropdown that gave the option of different Event Listing types, I could then write some code that redirects the user on Form Submission to a specific Product > Checkout page..

I would need to know how to add fields to the Submission form and if there’s any actions/filters I can hook into on submission to write the redirect.

If you can offer any advice on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards.

Geoff

Hi Joe,

That’s an interesting idea!

Events Calendar PRO has additional fields built in and those will display on the Community Events form.

You can set up the additional fields on the Events > Settings > Additional Fields screen. Once those have been defined, they will display on the submission form by default.

Cheers,
    Geoff

Joe
    Participant

Thanks Geoff,

Can you see any reason why this may not be a good idea? – it’s just that you used the word ‘interesting’

Could there be any major security or compatibility issues?

Cheers for pointing out the location of custom fields and how that could work.

I’ll see how I go and report back. Could be helpful to other users of your plugins.

Joe
    Participant

Sorry to post again, but to follow up my initial enquiry, what is the best way to hook into the form submission action? I want to make sure I redirect the user once the submission is complete..

Are there any actions/filters I can use to write the redirect based on the Select value chosen?

I imagine using basic PHP form functions would clash with the Event submission….

Cheers.

Geoff

Hi Joe,

Oh gosh, sorry to cause false alarm about the idea — I really do think that’s a neat idea and worth exploring. I was not using “interesting” in any other way but a compliment.

I don’t think there is a specific Community Events function to hook into, but you can see all of the available functions here:

https://theeventscalendar.com/plugin/the-events-calendar-community-events/

The form is essentially recycling post publishing actions, so you should be able to hook into normal WordPress post actions while writing your filter to target the front end view. That’s just a hunch though.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Joe
    Participant

Thanks Geoff,

Just another quick question; are there conditional checks for the Community Events plugin available? I’ve had a look through the docs and can’t find anything about it..

As an example, tribe_is_community or tribe_is_community_add? That would help a great deal.

Cheers.

Geoff
    Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Charge user for new Event Listing’ is closed to new replies.