Changing VIEW AS from default causes next view to shrink

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Changing VIEW AS from default causes next view to shrink

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Denon
    Participant

Hi,

I’m using the AVADA theme. Everything on The Events Calendar Pro system is working just fine. I’m currently still tweaking and setting up the site. When clicking on the events page, everything displays fine. Currently I have the default view (VIEW AS) set to be PHOTO and it is fine.

When I change the VIEW AS option to anything else, the Calendar View size shrinks to about 60% of the page and is centered on the page.

I currently have the basic template set to be 100% Width, Full Styles (have tired every option with worse results) and I have tried the events template set to Default Events Template and Default Page Temple.

This shrinking of the calendar view ONLY happens after switching the view. What ever view I set to be default always shows full page… it’s only when I change it that it reduces the view size and centers on the page.

What could be the cause of this? Is there a setting I need to adjust?

Thank you,

Nico

Hi Denon,

Welcome to our support forums, and thanks for reaching out to us!

Just checked your site – http://jaxtownplanner.com – and I’m seeing this is working correctly. Can you confirm this?

In case this is still an issue please point me to the URL to see this. Also, is this happening only when you switch views? Let’s say you are in Photo view and you switch to month: it breaks – but – Does it break if you access month view directly from the URL or if you set month view as default view?

Please let me know about it and I’ll be happy to help,
    Best,
    Nico

Denon
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me. I’m sorry for not getting back to you as well as I’ve been slammed here. I will say that yes it is now working correctly. In the display page, I thought I had tried all the options but setting it to Default Events Page allowed it to function correctly. When setting it to default page, 100% width, or blank page it would in fact change the width of the calendar view only once switching to a different view. But it’s working correctly as is.

One question, not sure if it’s able to be asked here – but is it possible to embed just the working calendar into a webpage. I guess I’m wondering if it can be dropped into a page like a widget. What I’m trying to get it to do is be on the home page, on a 2/3 – 1/3 split page with events down the larger 2/3rd size and have my site widgets on the left. In short, can the main calender be inserted with out any of the site’s theme formatting?

Thanks. 🙂

Denon

Nico

Hey Denon,

Glad to hear this is working now 🙂

I’m not sure about your follow-up questions, but I’ll leave you some tips here:

– Place the calendar page on the front page: you can do so with Event Rocket plugin!
    – You can also place mini calendar and other widgets in pages via shortcodes: PRO widgets shortcodes.
    – By default the calendar loads inside the default page template, but you can create a new page template and set the calendar to load there. You can do so at WP-Admin > Events > Settings > Display > Events template.

Please let me know if the resources I shared sheds some light over your doubts,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Changing VIEW AS from default causes next view to shrink’ is closed to new replies.