Changing timezones from UTC to US Timezones

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Changing timezones from UTC to US Timezones

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Gowtham Sivakumar
    Participant

Hi,

While creating events, I want my organisers to be able to input times on US Timezones instead of UTC. How can I make that happen? Also, Is there any way I can change the verbiage inside the add ticket page (Like I want to it to say add tournaments instead of events and so on) Thanks in advance.

Geoff B.

Good evening Gowtham and welcome back!

First off, I would like to apologize for the delay answering.
    We are currently experiencing a higher level of requests than usual.

Please rest assured that we are working hard at correcting this situation.
    We appreciate your patience while we try to normalize things.

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

I want my organisers to be able to input times on US Timezones instead of UTC. How can I make that happen?

Normally, this follows your WordPress setting for timezone.
    You might want to read the following: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/working-with-timezones/

Is there any way I can change the verbiage inside the add ticket page (Like I want to it to say add tournaments instead of events and so on)

Absolutely.

You could apply the following snippet in the functions.php file of your theme (without the PHP tag at the top): https://gist.github.com/GeoffEW/8c94dbcd36332525e4b42a7d74378596

But first to be extra safe, before making any changes to your functions.php file, you should make a backup of that file.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Gowtham Sivakumar
    Participant

Geoff!

That worked! Thank you so much. Quick question, I want to remove the option of RSVP in my create event page. Is is possible to do that (Just need to block that element from front end view even if it can’t be completely removed).

Importantly, I want to remove the shared capacity option and the extra settings that come with it because it seems to confuse all our beta testers (for some reason). Is this possible? This is very important since no one was able to recognise what that means.

Also, Is it possible to add an instructions list on top of only the create event page so that it can be clear for the users (The additional HTML appends the instructions to every event page).

Please let me know. Thank you so much!

Gowtham

Geoff B.

Good evening Gowtham,

I am super stoked to hear that this worked for you.

I believe you will love the following extension: https://theeventscalendar.com/extensions/select-which-ticket-types-display-ticket-editor/

Also, Is it possible to add an instructions list on top of only the create event page so that it can be clear for the users (The additional HTML appends the instructions to every event page).

There are two ways to achieve this:

1. Using the additional HTML field (as you suggested) but hiding that HTML on other pages using CSS
    2. Creating a template override (custom view) for the create event page. You might want to read our Themer’s guide to get a sense of how that works.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Gowtham Sivakumar
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

I installed the extension and downloaded it and changed the option to include only woocommerce but I’m still able to see the new RSVP in the frontend. Also, now my tickets option doesn’t work at all (look at screen shots).

Geoff B.

Hey there Gowtham,

I am sorry to hear that.
    You are right, the extension is meant for the backend. My bad.

Instead, I believe a template override will work better. You might want to read our Themer’s guide to get a sense of how that works.

Here is an idea of what the code might look like https://gist.github.com/GeoffEW/adfeedbc908640ba7bbf584e6622b406 (please note this is about 1 year old so it might not work straight out of the box).

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Changing timezones from UTC to US Timezones’ is closed to new replies.