Changing Ticket Qty for cancelled orders bug

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Changing Ticket Qty for cancelled orders bug

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Lauren
    Participant

Hi There,

I am using the latest version of your plugins on a site due to launch soon.

I have done some test orders which has reduced the ticket count. I have cancelled these orders and am trying to increase the ticket count to compensate as per your article here:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/refund-cancel-tickets-order/

However the event admin doesn’t let me update the ticket count. It keeps just reverting to the original count. Each event has 2 tickets with a shared quantity. I have tired updating the qty at the woo commerce level as well but this made no difference.

I am having a second issue which I will post separately.

thanks in advance.

Lauren

Lauren
    Participant

After playing round some more I found that if I changed the qty in the main settings then it corrects it for all tickets in that series BUT this only works if all tickets within the attendees admin have been deleted.

So basically I can only get it to work if I do things differently to as you what you describe in your knowledgebase article here:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/refund-cancel-tickets-order/

Instead it works if you do the following:
    1 Refund the order in Woo
    2.Then go to the event admin, down to tickets, clicked on settings and then updated the available qty to compensate for refunded tickets
    3. Then delete all the refunded tickets in the event attendees screen

This works for the front end however in the backend when you view the list of events it still shows the attendees including the refunded tickets which is super confusing for the client. Is there any way around this? It all seems very clunky to me. Is there something I am missing?

Thank you

Barry

Hi Lauren,

I think – unfortunately – that knowledgebase article is just a little out of date and doesn’t quite reflect how things need to be done if you are using Event Tickets/Plus 4.6+.

Assuming you’ve refunded the orders and need to restore stock, the next step is not to manually adjust the stock levels for each ticket but to visit the attendee screen for the event and delete the refunded tickets there.

You should find that the ticket stock is restored automatically following that operation.

Does that work for you?

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Changing Ticket Qty for cancelled orders bug’ is closed to new replies.