Changing ticket inventory doesn't update on ticket's sold/available….

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Changing ticket inventory doesn't update on ticket's sold/available….

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Mike
    Participant

Occasionally, some of our customers will have to reschedule their tickets. In woocommerce, I can add the tickets manually to the order and delete the event ticket that they, for whatever reason, can no longer attend. This all works as intended, but unfortunately this doesn’t update in wooticket’s attendance reports and ticket counts (sold/available).

For example, let us say that I have a customer attending event A with 5 of 10 tickets sold, and they want to switch to event B with 2 of 10 tickets sold. I can go into their order and manually delete the entry for the ticket to event A, and manually add the ticket for event B. This signs them up for the event, but it has a number of problems.

1. The ticket counts dont change, so event A stays at 5 of 10, even though now it is really 4 of 10, and event B stays at 2 of 10, when it should be 3 of 10.
    2. The system doesn’t recognize that the user now has a ticket to a new event, so it doesn’t generate a new PDF ticket for them to bring to the door.
    3. Most importantly, wootickets LEAVES the order on the attendance report for check in on event A, and does not add it to the attendance report on event B.

Cancellations happen, and re-scheduling is a normal part of business for any event oriented business, but as it is now there I can not find a real way to move users from one date to another and have it update all the wooticket tracking systems.

So now to my question… IS there a way to do this? If not, is this an issue that will be addressed in the next release?

Thanks for your time,

Barry

It is indeed a known issue that will be addressed in the next release – in the interim I’m afraid there aren’t any workarounds that I am aware of.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Changing ticket inventory doesn't update on ticket's sold/available….’ is closed to new replies.