Changing the url labels

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Changing the url labels

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    irishrunner16
    Participant

Hi. I tried placing the following code in my functions.php to change the text/label that is displayed for the Event Website url (changing tribe_get_organizer_website_url to tribe_get_event_website_url): http://pastebin.com/nYTGg2DF
    It’s working, but unfortunately it’s also changing the labels for my Additional Fields that are urls. How can I get unique labels on the Event Website, as well as the additional fields?

Casey
    Participant

Sean,
    Thanks for reaching out. How do you have your URL labels set up? Are they set up as Additional fields (Events->Settings->Additional Fields)? The reason I’m asing is because I wasn’t able to replicate your issue in my environment (screenshot), since only my ‘Event Website’ field is displaying ‘See Website.’

So, if you could just give me a little more information, I’ll investigate further. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

irishrunner16
    Participant

This reply is private.

Casey
    Participant

Sean,
    Could you paste in the exact code you’re using in your functions.php file to somewhere like pastebin so I can look closer? Thanks!

irishrunner16
    Participant

This reply is private.

Casey
    Participant

It says the paste is private, so I’m unable to view it. Could you change the permissions? Thanks!

irishrunner16
    Participant

Sorry about that Casey; thought private just meant that only members could view it! I’ve changed it to unlisted so hopefully you can view it now.

Casey
    Participant

Sean,
    Ok, that helps. Could you send me a private reply with a login to your site, so I can investigate further? Thanks!

sean
    Participant

This reply is private.

irishrunner16
    Participant

This reply is private.

Casey
    Participant

Sean,
    For some reason when saving some changes to your functions.php file, the server didn’t respond, which caused a partial file to get saved. Could you send me some FTP credentials so I can fix it ASAP? Thanks!

irishrunner16
    Participant

This reply is private.

Casey
    Participant

No problem! Just remove the last function in your functions.php file: ‘rewrite_website_link_label’. I forgot to rename the function and it looks like the duplicate function name is causing the error. 🙁

irishrunner16
    Participant

Ok thanks. It looks like the Event Website label is now correctly only showing up for only that url. Thanks for catching that error in the function!
    One last thing – how can I get custom link labels for my Additional Fields?

Casey
    Participant

Sean,
    Unfortunately we can’t target specific links in the additional fields, but if you just use some more generic text like this (screenshot), then I think that might do the trick. Let me know if that will work. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘Changing the url labels’ is closed to new replies.