Changing the events title tag in browser – Submissions

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Changing the events title tag in browser – Submissions

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Joshua
    Participant

I am unable to find how to change the title which displays in the browser tab. It currently shows ‘WP Router Placeholder Page.’ I am familiar with adding custom functions and I aded the first one on this page and it did not work for me: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/modifying-the-community-events-page-titles/

add_filter(‘tribe_ce_submit_event_page_title’, ‘change_the_title’);
    function change_the_title() {
    return ‘Your New Title Goes Here’;
    }

Things I noted:
    I am using “The SEO Framework” and not Yoast, but I dont suspect it has control over this particular issue, but I saw it potentially could be.
    Im using Avada as a theme and thought maybe it over rode it somehow, but I can not find evidence or docs on that.
    Link to page: https://thepollinationproject. org/events/community/add/ (added space at .org for spam)

Any ideas on a resolution for this?

Joshua
    Participant

Is it possible to directly contact support on these questions if no one responds?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Joshua!

Thanks for reaching out to us! I’m happy to help with this! 🙂

I’m sorry if you were expecting an earlier reply. We only monitor these forums during week days as stated here.

To change the Title Tag in the events pages you can use the ‘tribe_events_title_tag’ filter.

There is a great article with some code examples that shows how to do that here > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/changing-the-browser-title-for-calendar-views/

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have other questions.

Cheers!
    Victor

Joshua
    Participant

Forgive my lack of clarity.

I need to change the title for the events submission page. The provided doc is for events only. I am currently using the described function for the page, but its not working. The code is in my functions file with my other custom functions. My child is enabled and my other functions are working as expected. Its just this one.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hey Joshua!

I’m sorry. Maybe I misunderstood what you meant.

I don’t see anything wrong with your code snippet to change the title for the events submission page, so there is a good chance “The SEO Framework” plugin is modifying the title tag.

Try disabling the plugin and see if anything changes. If so, you should check The SEO Framework documentation to see if they have a setting to disable, change or filter the title tag.

Let me know how that goes.

Best,
    Victor

Joshua
    Participant

I have found the needed code for others who may run into this and use SEO Framework instead of that beast Yoast.

add_filter('the_seo_framework_pre_add_title', 'change_the_title');
    function change_the_title() {
      return 'Your Custom Title  Here';
    }

Victor
    Keymaster

Hey Joshua!

I’m glad you could work that out! Thanks for letting us know and for sharing the code so others can make use of it!

I’ll go ahead and close this thread but please feel free to open a new one if any other questions pop up and we’d be happy to help. 🙂

Good luck with your project!
    Victor

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Changing the events title tag in browser – Submissions’ is closed to new replies.