Changing text on Add Event Form

Home Forums Ticket Products Community Tickets Changing text on Add Event Form

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Valrie
    Participant

Hey there how you doing,

I came across a forum post which explained how to change text within The Events Calendar plugin, ie ‘similar events’ to ‘you may also like’. This has worked out great, apart from I can’t seem to change ‘WooCommerce’ on the Add New Ticket section on the add/edit event form.

Could someone please advise how to change ‘WooCommerce’ to ‘Ticket’ please, as the average Joe looking to add an event with tickets may not know what WooCommerce means, but I think by showing ‘Ticket’ and ‘RSVP’ makes the selection a little clearer.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Valrie 🙂

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Valrie,

That’s a unique bit of text you’re trying to modify. All the typical methods for altering it won’t apply, because it’s not part of a language file and thus not translated or filterable. I can totally see why you want to modify it though, this could benefit usability a fair bit.

In your last post I walked you through creating a theme override. That’s going to be necessary here to. You can override public_html/wp-content/plugins/event-tickets/src/admin-views/meta-box.php . Look on line ~80 to see where it outputs those fields.

What you want to modify is the modules array. Specifically alter this key as I show here:

$modules[ 'Tribe__Tickets_Plus__Commerce__WooCommerce__Main' ] = 'Ticket'

And there you are, it should be renamed to ticket.

Does that all make sense? Cheers!

– Brook

Valrie
    Participant

Thanks so much for this Brook, it worked perfectly!

Much appreciated
    Valrie 🙂

Brook
    Participant

You’re welcome!

• Brook
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Changing text on Add Event Form’ is closed to new replies.