Changing sender's email address on confirmation email

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Changing sender's email address on confirmation email

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    TEME
    Participant

I would like to change the email address on the sent confirmation email. Today it says WordPress, and I cannot see where this information is taken from other than it is generated from this plugin.

Please help me out.

Regards,

Teme

George
    Participant

Hey @TEME,

Thanks for reaching out!

Changing the “sender” email address requires writing custom code. Our plugins simply use the built-in WordPress mail function, so you will have to read about the WordPress mailing function here ? https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/wp_mail/

From that page, for example:

Optional filters ‘wp_mail_from‘ and ‘wp_mail_from_name‘ are run on the sender email address and name.

So you will need to use that wp_mail_from filter, which you can read about here ? https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/hooks/wp_mail_from/

⚠️ We cannot help with modifying code, so you will have to take the reins from here. But as a quick example, adding something like this to your theme’s functions.php file should generally do the trick:

add_filter( 'wp_mail_from', 'tribe_change_wp_mail_from' );

function tribe_change_wp_mail_from( $from ) {
    return '[email protected]';
    }

Cheers,
    George

TEME
    Participant

Hi George,

Thank you very much for your quick response. I implemented your last code, and I am nearly there. I hope you can assist me with the final sprint to the finish line.

With the inserted code I am now able to change the senders email address with the exception of the word WordPress.
    WordPress <[email protected]>

Is it possible to change WordPress to something else?

Regards,

Teme

George
    Participant

Sure thing! Look up the wp_mail_from_name filter on that article I linked to above, and add an additional filter like I demonstrated above with wp_mail_from that will change the name.

If you need additional assistance in writing code, please consult with a developer or the trusty google.com for examples, assistance, and more details on how WordPress filters work.

Best of luck with your customizations!
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Changing sender's email address on confirmation email’ is closed to new replies.