Changing meta description in list view.

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Changing meta description in list view.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    clearwater
    Participant

It looks like list view currently displays the meta description of the upcoming event. I’d like to change it to show something else. Is there any way to do this?

Jonah
    Participant

Hi L, sure you can change this. You can start by overriding the list template in /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/views/list.php and placing a copy in an ‘events’ folder in your active theme. Then, just modify the code as you see fit. For more on override see this article: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/events-calendar-themers-guide/

Cheers,
    Jonah

clearwater
    Participant

I am currently overriding that file, but it calls wp_head, and I don’t want to include my whole header in the list.php.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi L,

You must be editing an older version or the wrong file because the current list.php file does not (and has not for as long as I can remember) call wp_head(). What version of the plugin do are you running?

– Jonah

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Changing meta description in list view.’ is closed to new replies.