Changing Events Template Caused 502/Bad Gateway Errors

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Changing Events Template Caused 502/Bad Gateway Errors

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    luxxcapecod
    Participant

We have been running the MT pro calendar successfully until today.
    I was attempting to change the event template, and changing the desired template on Settings>Display>Events Template caused the site to be unresponsive/and give 502 Bad Gateway errors.

Deactivated the plugin fixed the site. When I re-activate the base plugin and the pro plugin it mostly works again, but my single event pages return a 404. If I try to change the Events Template to another value and save, the site again goes down.

Hosted at WPEngine, already chatted with their support about the issue and they recommended opening a ticket with you guys.

Just to re-iterate, plugin was and has been working fine for a couple weeks. Today created a custom template, started testing and then saw issues.

Barry

Hi – I’m sorry you’re hitting difficulties here.

Especially given it’s a custom template that you are switching to it is hard for us to guess what the root problem might be, though I am surprised it would lock you out of the entire site this way. Do you have access to the error logs and are you seeing anything pertinent there?

Would switching to the Default Events Template and customizing that as necessary (using template overrides – please see our Themer’s Guide for details) be a viable alternative?

When I re-activate the base plugin and the pro plugin it mostly works again, but my single event pages return a 404.

So the first thing to try there is simply flushing permalinks: please visit the Permalink Settings screen – you need not change anything, just visiting this can cause WordPress to regenerate its list of rewrite rules which might clean this problem up.

Does that help here?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Changing Events Template Caused 502/Bad Gateway Errors’ is closed to new replies.