Changing "Events" Admin menu title

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Changing "Events" Admin menu title

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    studiointhesticks
    Participant

Hi there,

I’m currently using a theme (lush – A band/music theme) that has a simple events functionality built in. Unfortunately they have titled this custom post type “Events” as well. So I now have 2 “Events” menu items in my Admin sidebar.

I’d like to change your plugin’s menu title to “Tickets” as thats what I’m using it for.

Would you be able to share a code snipit that would allow me to do that?
    I tried searching for “menu_name” but couldn’t quite work it out.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Steve

Barry

Hi!

Our events menu item is created automatically by WordPress, as a result of our events custom post type being registered (which might be why you couldn’t find specific code for this).

There are a number of interesting plugins available that could be worth exploring (I don’t have any particular recommendations to make but you might find something that meets your needs):

wordpress.org/plugins/search.php?q=admin+menu

Does that help?

studiointhesticks
    Participant

Thanks for the reply.

What files is the custom post type registered in?

Barry

It’s registered within lib/the-events-calendar.class.php … do bear in mind though that we strongly caution against modifying core plugin files. There is always a better way!

With all that said, this sort of modification is a tad beyond the scope of what we can help with here on the support forums so at this point I’ll go ahead and close out the thread – I do hope the above plugin search link helps (or that you find some other solution) 🙂

Thanks again!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Changing "Events" Admin menu title’ is closed to new replies.