Changing Default

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Changing Default

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Dave Riches
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve seen a couple of references to this on the forum, but no clear solution.

Server is based in the UK

I have eventbrite tickets 4.2.1

When I create a new event, it always tries to send it to Eventbrite in USD, this is undesirable. I’d like to set the default currency to GBP. Anyone know how?

Thanks!

George
    Participant

Hey Dave,

Sorry for the delayed reply here!

We’ve been looking into this question, as it used to be easily solvable by using a simple code snippet that we used to have here → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/change-the-currency-for-eventbrite-tickets/

As you can see, though, that is now a 404 because the code has changed a bit and a new snippet is required.

I am working on getting a new snippet for you—sit tight!
    George

George
    Participant

Hey Dave,

I’m sorry to inform you that the snippet I mentioned above no longer exists because of some changes to the Eventbrite API in recent months. 🙁

With their new API it is not possible to set the currency programmatically, and it must be done manually.

One thing that MIGHT help here is to use a custom code snippet we have that attempts to use eventbrite.co.uk for all API references instead of eventbrite.com. This MAY help with the default currency.

To activate this snippet, simply download this file and install it on your site like a normal plugin ? https://github.com/theeventscalendar/configure-eventbrite-tickets-to-use-co-uk/archive/master.zip

Then activate that plugin, and all API references thereon should be through eventbrite.co.uk….

I hope this helps!
    George

Dave Riches
    Participant

Hi George,

Thanks for the replies, however, it triggers a fatal error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ”Tribe__Events__Tickets__Event’ (T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING), expecting ‘)’ in /var/www/html/foo.com/wp-content/plugins/configure-eventbrite-tickets-to-use-co-uk-master/plugin.php on line 27

George
    Participant

So sorry about this Dave! Here is another, safer version ? https://theeventscalendar.com/content/uploads/2016/10/configure-eventbrite-tickets-to-use-co-uk.zip

Sorry for the trouble; I hope this modified version helps!

— George

Dave Riches
    Participant

Hi George,

Sorry for the delayed reply!

I’m now getting a different error:

Eventbrite requires a Venue and it must have a valid Address.

Can you advise?

George
    Participant

This reply is private.

Dave Riches
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

This reply is private.

Dave Riches
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Changing Default’ is closed to new replies.