Help Desk

Changes to Tooltip.php not taking effect

Hello,

I have been trying to edit a templet file of tooltip.php.

I have made a copy of the files in the child theme as instructed here https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

I would like to change the line [[=dateDisplay]] to display the location

But none of the changes seem to take effect, Deleting the line [[=dateDisplay]] the tooltip still displays the time. even editing the core tooltip.php file has no effect on the site. I have tried clearing the theme cache But the changes still have no effect.

Hi.

[[=dateDisplay]] exists in both /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/month/mobile.php and /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/month/tooltip.php

Referring to this past answer on customizing this might be helpful: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/help-adding-category-to-tooltip-but-with/#post-1080199

Please let me know if you still need assistance after referencing this information.

Hi Cliff,

I am not wanting to use [[=dateDisplay]] I want to replace it with tribe_get_venue().

Nothing I do to the template makes any changes.

Gotcha. You might see if you can spot any console errors at your site. (If needed, you may reference our KB article Using Google Chrome Developer Tools.)

There might be an error because of trying to use PHP within a JavaScript context.

That past forum thread I linked to explained how to do such customizing… you have to modify the single-event.php file in that same directory, particularly $additional_data so you can use it in the the tooltip.php file.

Hi cliff,

I will try that but I wonder why I still don’t see any changes even if I edit the ‘core file’ and delete [[=dateDisplay]]. I still see the date when I shouldn’t see anything.

Hi. So sorry my long outage wasn’t covered by another team member. Please let me know the current status of this issue so I can best help going forward.

Thank you.

You must be logged in and hold an active support license to create new topics in the help desk. Please visit our products store to purchase a license.

Subscribe to Updates