Changes to Facebook Events not copies to Event Calendar

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Changes to Facebook Events not copies to Event Calendar

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    honeyl
    Participant

I have read previous posts on the forum where users were reporting duplicate events, and we’ve had some instances of that when editing the original Facebook Event.

However, in looking through the forum posts, there were a few Modern Tribe reps who implied that the plugin does not synch changes made to earlier Facebook Events that have already been imported.

Is this correct? I’d like some clarification on this.

If this is correct, then I’d also like to know if there are any plans to add this much-needed feature to the plugin, and if not, why? Is there some technical reason that prevents the plugin from checking to see if an earlier Facebook event has been changed?

Thanks. Great plugin, but client is finding it frustrating to use because it’s not meeting expectations.

— Lee

Brian
    Keymaster

Hello Again,

Yes it is correct the Facebook Plugin does not sync events from Facebook it does a one time import.

If you would like you can request this as a feature on our User Voice Page:

http://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas

We are working to update our version of the Facebook API to the latest version and it maybe possible to detect a change in an event once that happens. The current version of the API lacks a reliable method to determine if an event has changed in Facebook.

We will update the API in the plugin before April 30th as the version of the API we are using is retired after that.

I do not have a timeline for any new features.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

I am going to close this topic as we typically close threads if there is no activity after two weeks. Feel free to create a new thread and reference this one to save you time.

Thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Changes to Facebook Events not copies to Event Calendar’ is closed to new replies.