Changed the ticketname .. big mistake?!

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Changed the ticketname .. big mistake?!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jeroenbackx
    Participant

For ALL my events I had to change the ticketnames to make it more user friendly for the woocommerce side. The order list shows somebody has bought a product, but if the ticket name is extremely basic, I’d still have to click it to know what it is and when. So I renamed the ticketnames to where they have a date and location in it.

But now when I check the attendees list, everyone who has ever bought a ticket whilst it was still the old name, it doesn’t show them in the same list. Only place I can still see them is in Woocommerce.

It’s also strange, that it does who the correct number of sold tickets .. bit it seems to pull the attendees based on the ticket name instead of the ID?

Any help on how to still get all the attendees in the list?!

Brian
    Keymaster

Hello,

Sorry for the issues you are having. I tried to reproduce the error on my site and when I changed the Ticket name they still all showed in the Attendees without a problem.

The attendees list would have to use ID of the tickets to deal with duplicate ticket names so I think something else is going on here.

Where did you change the Ticket names? In the Product Page? or using in the Product List?

Also, can you send me a before and after for the ticket name and I can try that out as well.

Let me know and we can go from there.

Thanks

jeroenbackx
    Participant

Hello again,

Seems like the problem wasn’t a one-time-thing. True, it didn’t have anything to do with the name changing. But a sold ticket isn’t showing in the attendees list;
    – it does show up as sold (and completed) in woocommerce
    – it did lower the stock
    – the attendees page does show 3 tickets are sold
    – but it only shows 2 attendees in the list instead of 3.
    – the report only shows 2 sales.

It’s been bought via iDeal, but I don’t think that could be the problem. Right now my client is keeping an excel list manually of all the sold tickets just in case, but it’s now how it’s suppose to work…

Any help?

Brian
    Keymaster

Correct, it does not sounds like iDeal would be the cause of this. It sounds like a conflict is occurring so the first step would be to have you follow testing for conflicts guide and see if that helps narrow down the issue:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/testing-for-conflicts/

You can also view all the tickets here on your site using this url to verify there are 3 tickets for that event:

yoursite.com/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=tribe_wooticket

Let me know what you find out from the conflict testing and we can go from there to resolve this.

Thanks

jeroenbackx
    Participant

Thanks for that url .. seems there are other attendees missing for other events. Any way to add them to the sold tickets list manually, for the time being?

To be honest, not sure how I could test for conflicts on this, because I’m still not able to recreate the problem myself yet. I’ll focus on that first I guess.

Quick pre-testing question? Could the problem be somewhere in the htaccess, because we make it manually?

jeroenbackx
    Participant

Well, I checked out all the tickets that didn’t work. It was change that it appeared so random. But then I compared that with all the tickets that did work. And there was there it was:

All that tickets that failed, were set on “afgerond”, I think it’s completed in english, manually, from within the order. All the other ones were done with the bulk edit.

Brian
    Keymaster

Ok so when an order was manually completed the tickets did not show. But when a bulk edit to complete the order was done the tickets did show? Let me know so I can try some tests on this to figure out the issue and see if we found a bug.

Thanks Again

Brian
    Keymaster

I am going to close this topic as we typically close threads if there is no activity after two weeks. Feel free to create a new thread and reference this one to save you time.

Thanks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Changed the ticketname .. big mistake?!’ is closed to new replies.