Changed attendee field, info now missing

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Changed attendee field, info now missing

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Brian
    Participant

Hello,

I recently changed the verbiage of one of my attendee meta fields on a ticket. Now when I export my attendee list all of the previously completed information that once was for that question with the old verbiage no longer appears. Is this still floating around somewhere or did I wipe it?

Thanks!

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Brian,

Thanks for getting in touch!

The meta fields – and most things in WordPress – are usually referenced by their ID in the database, and that also goes for previously saved data as well.

Let’s say you create a metafield with saying “First name” and it gets the ID=10 in the database. You sell tickets, for the metafield they connect to ID 10 and get “First name” as the result.

If you change the label of the meta field, the ID will still remain 10, but the label will now say “Favorite color”. So if you sold tickets previously where you had “First name” now you will have for example “Favorite color: John”.

If this is was a post, then the old version would be floating around as a revision, but since this is a meta field and it’s saved in the wp_postmeta table it doesn’t have revisions.

I’m sorry if this is not the response you were expecting. Let me know if I can help you any further.

Cheers,
    Andras

Brian
    Participant

Hi Andras,

Thanks for the response. Let me elaborate more… The info is missing from the export of attendee details. See the attached screenshot, I modified the field with “T-shirt size…”, so the export does not have that column, and in the newly named meta field it is blank. The information still shows on the attendee list under details, but now as “Other attendee data”, so how would I get the info back on the export?

Brian
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the extra details and the screenshot. I checked our log of bugs, and this has been discovered not too long ago. As you described, if an attendee meta field is renamed, then any data collected under the old field names becomes non-exportable.

At the moment we are not aware of any workarounds for this issue, I’m sorry.

I will add your thread to the bugticket to give it more push. Also, I am going to set the status of this ticket to “pending fix” and we will update it once the fix is released.

If you have any new questions or issues please create a new ticket and we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Brian
    Participant

Andras,

Is it possible it exists in a column that just isn’t being exported? Perhaps using the snippet in this reply to add some additional columns? Just not sure what they would be called.

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/additional-columns-in-the-attendees-list-csv-export-2/

Andras
    Keymaster

I was digging a bit in the database and this is what happens:

When you save the extra fields, then an entry is created in wp_postmeta, which is connedted to the ticket (meaning post_ID column contains the ID of the ticket, which is in wp_posts).

When you change a field name, then this entry in wp_postmeta is updated and the old name (and the slug) will be replaced by the new name (and slug).

Here’s a screenshot of before (on top) and after (on bottom): https://cloudup.com/c6ZRzPUeZK8

When a ticket is purchased and the extra field values are saved, then the slug of the field is saved in the purchase entry, but not the label itself. In your screenshot you can see the slug. (Basically the slug is the same as the title, only made url friendly.)

So to give a definite answer, no, the label is not saved in the database, but the slug is.

I’m not sure how this can be exported though. The fix likely will fix that issue.

Hope this clarifies.

Cheers,
    Andras

Courtney

Hi there

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue ?

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-22-october-2018/

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

As always, we suggest to set up a dev/staging site so you can make all plugin updates without disrupting the live site.

Please update the plugins and see if the fix works for your site.

Thanks

Courtney

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Changed attendee field, info now missing’ is closed to new replies.