Change/add text on community event submission form

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Change/add text on community event submission form

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Chris Littler
    Participant

I’d like to add some text to this page http://www.peelonline.net/events/community/add to warn users not to upload any copyrighted images with their event. How can I do this?

Thanks

Chris

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Chris!

You can add this text into the template for that page by following these instructions to copy the template into your child theme, where you can then edit it. The template can be found at wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/src/views/community/edit-event.php.

Once you’ve copied it over, you can add the text in wherever you’d like, and your new template will override the default one from the plugin.

Let me know how this works for you and if you have any questions!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Chris Littler
    Participant

Hi Jennifer

Thanks for this, and, using your instructions, I have been able to add my
    text between the form field boxes successfully. I wonder though if it would
    be possible to amend the description text within the boxes, i.e. where it
    says: “Choose a .jpg, .png, or .gif file under 128 MB in size.”

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Chris,

I’m glad you got your text in there! You can change the descriptions by editing the templates in the same way that you did for the “edit event” template. The image section template can be found at wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/src/views/community/modules/image.php. You can find templates for the other sections in the “modules” folder.

If there’s anything else that you’re looking to change and are not able to find the template, just let me know!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Change/add text on community event submission form’ is closed to new replies.