Change wording in german translation

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Change wording in german translation

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Berndt

Hi,

some words are translated wrong. In which file I can change the wording?

Greetings,
    Berndt

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Berndt,

You would want to edit the files in /wp-content/plugins/events-community/lang – you can find more detailed instructions on translating in https://theeventscalendar.com/faq/can-i-change-the-language-that-the-content-of-my-calendar-appears-in-on-the-site/

I hope that helps!

– Jonah

Marc
    Participant

Hey Berndt

Thank you for the feedback. I translated the language files – unfortunately I had no possibility to test them in a live environment to see if everything is in perfect context. If you want you can let me know what’s wrong, and we’ll adjust the files for you.

Cheers

Rob

Thanks Marc!

Berndt: let us know what you’ve noticed and we’ll update the files next release, per Marc’s note.

Berndt

Hey together,

the words are translated right. Should i send the file?

But look at this and this screenshot i can`t find to translate the marks. How can i translate this?

Greetings,

Berndt

Marc
    Participant

Hey there,
    I have translated all the strings – but apparently WordPress has problems implementing certain strings into the backend (particularly when it comes to buttons and such). It’s a known issue but I’m not sure how to solve the problem. Maybe Rob or Jonah could provide us with a hint.

As for now I’m working on a improved version of the translation – if you wish we could send it to you, or you wait for the next update in July if it’s not an urgent issue.

Cheers

Marc
    Participant

Me again – the strings that are not translated are exactly the ones you showed in the screenshots… just wanted to clarify.

Rob

Thanks for the follow-up, Marc. I believe that at least a few of those strings Berndt notes are actually carried over from The Events Calendar/Events Calendar PRO, which is why they aren’t translatable within Community itself. Could that be the issue here?

Marc
    Participant

Hey Rob!
    I took a look at all the translated strings in EC and EC Pro and it`s like you are writing. The strings that are not showing up in german are from this plugins.
    But in the EC and EC Pro plugins they are translated in german. So if they are translated there, they should be also shown in the community plugin… so i was taking a look at the back and frontends of the EC and EC Pro i have installed and wondering the german translation is not shown. Is there some text hardcoded and those not come over in the pot. file?
    If i have time this weekend i will do a mail with a few screenshots and some explanations.
    @Berndt: thanks for the .mo and .po files i will customize all and send it up to modern tribe.
    Cheers, Marc

Rob

Hey Marc. We should be set here (and you’re cued in as to what’s what re: untranslatable strings) after our last email exchange, right? Let me know if not or if you still need anything else from me here. Cheers!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Change wording in german translation’ is closed to new replies.