Change View Names

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Change View Names

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    pandology
    Participant

How can i change the names of the views?

Basically want to change Photo to List and Month to Calendar.

Would also be good if I can remove the day view from the dropdown menu (I can select not to display from the settings, but then users can’t view all events in a day from Month view if there are more events)

hope that’s clear(ish) 🙂

thanks!

Jonah
    Participant

Hey pandology,

I’m not sure how to to change the view names myself so I’m checking in with one of our developers. Please stay tuned for a reply on that.

The other issue appears to be a bug. I’ve filed a ticked to get this fixed in the next release so that if day view is disabled, the view all link will still work.

Thanks,
    Jonah

pandology
    Participant

you’re the man! thanks a lot

Jonah
    Participant

Hey pandology,

So here’s a snippet you can use to change the view names:

https://gist.github.com/jazbek/6086295

You should also be able to target and hide the day view in the drop down (instead of unchecking the option and breaking day view) with this CSS:

li.tribe-bar-views-option[data-view="day"] { display: none; }

I hope that helps but let me know if you need anything else!

– Jonah

pandology
    Participant

Hey Jonah …

in which file should i paste that snippet please?

also the hide day view isn’t working correctly yet.

Rob

Hi there pandology. Friday was actually Jonah’s last day, but I’m happy to take this thread over for him. That code would be pasted into your functions.php file.

The day view issue is logged in our central system, and is being worked on for the next release. However until that deploys (probably in the next 2-3 weeks) the error will unfortunately persist. My apologies for the inconvenience in the interim on that end.

Hope that helps, and let me know if you’re still stuck using that gist. Cheers!

pandology
    Participant

hello Rob … i’ll be happy to wait for 2-3 weeks to the next release

will it solve both issues i mention in my original post?

Rob

Hey pandology! Thanks for confirming as much.

Changing the view names is always going to have to be done using the snippet; there won’t be (or at least aren’t currently plans for) any admin-side tool for relabeling these. But the issue with the day view/view all is fixed in our codebase and will be released in an impending maintenance build 🙂

Thanks for your patience on that end and please let me know if you have any other questions. If you find that the bug is for some reason NOT fixed upon updating, don’t hesitate to open a new thread and we’ll get you sorted in as timely a fashion as possible. Cheers!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Change View Names’ is closed to new replies.