Change "Use saved venue/organizer" drop-down text

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Change "Use saved venue/organizer" drop-down text

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Leland
    Participant

So my client wants to use “site” and “organization” universally, instead of “venue” and “organizer”. I’ve managed to change this almost everywhere that it matters, with the exception of the community-submit form, where the “Used saved venue” and “Use saved organizer” drop-down forms aren’t editable via a custom theme file. Is it possible to edit this text without hacking into the core itself? I’m thinking I’ll need to go this route unless there’s an easy way to filter this text.

Thanks!

Joyce Grace

Hello Leland, I am getting someone with more expertise and technical knowledge to help you out. I’m tempted to say you need to hack the code, but just in case I thought I’d see if there is a way to do this in a theme file. Have you checked out our tutorials page? There is a template over-rides tutorial in there, and tons of stuff that would probably lead you in the right direction on how to do this, even if it does involve a hack: https://theeventscalendar.com/the-events-calendar-for-wordpress-tutorials/

Leland
    Participant

Hi Joyce,
    Thanks for the response! (I’m actually Sarah, the web developer, but using Leland’s key to post to the forums.) I’ve looked in the themes and templates, but I think the actual text for the drop-downs, at least, is controlled via the actual core files. I suppose I can hack them if I absolutely have to, but I’d rather not… I couldn’t find anything useful in the documentation, unfortunately. I’ve managed to change all the other bits of text using theme overrides, but there doesn’t seem to be any way of overriding the “Use saved…” text. I’m hoping there might be a way to filter it so that I don’t need to hack the core files?

Joyce Grace

Hi Sarah, I think you’ve answered your own question! You will need to change the core files, but be sure to set things up so that you can avoid losses upon updating. Check out our themer’s guide here on how to do that: https://theeventscalendar.com/themers-guide-to-the-events-calendar/

Do let me know how this fares for you!

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Leland,

Sorry for the delay in getting a response on this. You can change these labels without hacking core files, all you have to do is create your own language translations. The strings to translate are in the PRO files and here are instructions on what to do: https://theeventscalendar.com/faq/can-i-change-the-language-that-the-content-of-my-calendar-appears-in-on-the-site/

I hope that helps and let me know if you need anything else!

– Jonah

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Change "Use saved venue/organizer" drop-down text’ is closed to new replies.