Change Title of "ADDITIONAL FIELDS" on form & hide from Listing

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Change Title of "ADDITIONAL FIELDS" on form & hide from Listing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Gibson
    Participant

On Community Events I was hoping to do the following:
    1. On the user facing Community Events form, I added a few additional fields for users to submit their own contact information so we can contact them if we need any clarification. However, on the form it shows up as “ADDITIONAL FIELDS” Where can I change that to read “CONTACT INFORMATION”? I assume it’s in a PHP file I can copy and place in my Theme file, I just don’t know which one.
    2. Also referencing the Additional Fields in above point, I don’t want this information to show on the actual Event page. How can I achieve that?

Thanks for your help!

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Gibson,

Thanks for reaching out with your questions. Let me help you with them.

The best way to change “Additional Fields” would be to create a template override. You can find more information about doing this in our Themer’s Guide. You will need to create a template override for this file:

wp-content\plugins\the-events-calendar-community-events\src\views\community\modules\custom.php

To hide that block from the front end you have 2 options:

Either create a template override for this file:

wp-content\plugins\events-calendar-pro\src\views\pro\modules\meta\additional-fields.php

(Possibly creating an empty file would be easiest.)

OR you can just hide that part with this css snippet:

.tribe-events-meta-group-other {
    display: none !important;
    }

Let me know if this helps of if you have any more questions.

Cheers,
    Andras

Gibson
    Participant

Thanks – that worked!

Andras
    Keymaster

Stoked to hear that worked out! Awesome!

I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please post a new one in the forum and we will be happy to help you out.

Cheers,
    Andras

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Change Title of "ADDITIONAL FIELDS" on form & hide from Listing’ is closed to new replies.