Change ticket pricing from $0.00 to Free

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Change ticket pricing from $0.00 to Free

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    p88dadmin
    Participant

Maybe this is more of a suggestion, but is there a way currently change the ticket price for free tickets from $0.00 to Free?

Geoff

Hi there, Julie! Welcome to the forums and thanks for getting in touch. πŸ™‚

That’s interesting. Where is “$0.00” popping up for you? I get “Free” in all my tests when creating a free event with the Eventbrite Tickets add-on, but maybe I’m missing something.

Here are the views I have:

Is this not consistent with that you’re seeing? Send me a link to what you’re seeing (if you are able to) and we can check out the same thing together.

Cheers!
    Geoff

p88dadmin
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

Hey Julie! Thanks for following up and great sleuthing work–this is helpful. πŸ™‚

Yes, what you are describing is correct and expected. Unfortunately, there’s a limitation in the Eventbrite API that prevents us from being able to translate the price range to a simple Free label, when the event is being imported from Eventbrite into WordPress with multiple tickets, where one is free and one is paid.

It’s possible you could hook intoΒ tribe_get_cost() and translate the range to a Free label.

I realize it’s not always possible, but creating events in the same manner (either in WP or EB) will ensure that the consistency stays in tact without needing additional hooks.

thanks for clarifying the issue and testing this thoroughly with me. πŸ™‚

Cheers!
    Geoff

p88dadmin
    Participant

Cool thanks for the help and insight.

Geoff

My pleasure! Thanks again for reaching out.

I’m going to go ahead and close this thread, but please feel free to hit us up with a new thread if any other questions pop up. We’d be happy to help. πŸ™‚

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Change ticket pricing from $0.00 to Free’ is closed to new replies.