change the template of the single event

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions change the template of the single event

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Fabrizio

Dear Support,

I am testing your plug in and I kind of like it. However, what I really dislike is the lay out of the single event. Whatever template I try from the drop down list it doe not change that much. The feature image is far too big standing out at the center of the page (I would even hide it), the grey container on the left with some event info is something I would put differently. The question is how can I modify it at my like without going into too much coding?

Once this is sorted I will surely go for PRO.

Thanks,
    Fabrizio

Geoff B.

Good evening Fabrizio and welcome to the Events Calendar forum!

Thank you for your interest in our products and your great words.
    We’ll be glad to answer your questions.

However, what I really dislike is the lay out of the single event. The feature image is far too big standing out at the center of the page (I would even hide it), the grey container on the left with some event info is something I would put differently.

You have 2 approaches to this:

1. Certain WordPress themes (e.g.: Avada, Eventica, etc…) already contain customizations on some of our views.
    2. You can customize any view exactly to your liking using template overrides (custom views). You might want to read our Themer’s guide to get a sense of how that works.

In a nutshell, you find the single view files, you edit them and you upload them back in your WordPress theme’s folder (following the proper path).

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘change the template of the single event’ is closed to new replies.