change the order of previous/next links

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO change the order of previous/next links

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Birgit Bauer
    Participant

Hello,

How can I change the order of the links for the previous and next events?
    I would love to have them above the headline because some people told me it was confusing to have the links between the headline and the content.

Screenshot:
    http://screencast.com/t/xvxkFdTj5

Thank you for your help!

Nico

Hey Birgit,

Glad to help you on this as well πŸ™‚

To move the navigation links you’ll need to create a override of the single event template. The steps to do so are described in our themer’s guide, and the template is located at wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/single-event.php. Once you have the copy of the template in place, you’ll need to cut the following code block:

>

• « %title%' ) ?>
    • »' ) ?>

and paste it just above this line (33):

', '

' ); ?>

That should make the trick, please let me know if you need further assistance on this,
    Best,
    Nico

Birgit Bauer
    Participant

hello Nico,

thank you for your help.

I tried the code and it displayed the links above as I wanted to have them displayed but I also wanted to remove the old position.

Now they are displayed above AND under the headline. And I want to have them only above the headline. πŸ™‚

Could you help me with this too?

Thank you!

Nico

Hey Birgit,

Thanks for following up πŸ™‚

It’s easy, just delete the mentioned code block from the ‘old position’ and leave it just in the new one. Makes sense?

Please let me know if I’m getting you wrong,
    Best,
    Nico

Birgit Bauer
    Participant

hello Nico,

I’d have better take a look down in that file and I would have seen it πŸ™‚

Worked .. Thank you!

Nico

Your are welcome Birgit, glad to be of service πŸ™‚

I’ll go ahead and close out this thread, but if you need help with anything else please don’t hesitate to create a new one and we will be happy to assist you.

Best,
    Nico

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘change the order of previous/next links’ is closed to new replies.