Change the default view for the calendar widget from month to today

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Change the default view for the calendar widget from month to today

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    welshartnow
    Participant

By default the events calendar mini calendar widget will display the coming month can this be changed to display “today” when it first loads the page. I know the user can click today on the calendar but I would like that to be the default display.
    Thank you

Casey D

Hello welshartnow,

Thanks for contacting us, that’s a pretty great idea!

Unfortunately there is no way to do that out of the box, as far as I can tell. Also, that level of customization goes beyond the scope of the forums. 🙁

However, you could probably hack something together in a single line of jquery. Maybe build the selector based on today’s date or something, depending on what needs the click event on load.

jQuery( the_selector_for_today ).click();

If you have a moment, we’d love for you to submit your idea to our UserVoice forum. We take user ideas and contributions very seriously, and many times their ideas end up in our future releases.

Does this make sense? Let me know if this doesn’t work for you.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

welshartnow
    Participant

Hi Casey,
    Thanks for your reply, I like the plugin but am somewhat disappointed with the level of manipulation that is built into it, this would have seemed obvious functionality that should be present. Your suggestion is too loose to be helpful. Are your plugins intended solely for developers?

Casey D

Hello welshartnow,

Sorry for the delay in my answer! I was improperly viewing my threads and missed yours; this is mistake on my part!

We offer a great amount of functionality out of the box with our free and core plugins, and much more add on functionality with our other premium plugins.

If we style our plugins too specifically, they will become too niche, and only attractive to a subset of our current customer base. We offer as wide a range of functionality as we can, to keep it polished and stable.

It is of course the responsibility and freedom of the web administrator to develop the style and functionality above the vanilla WordPress framework and plugins! What a boring world it would be if all websites looked the same!

You offer a really great idea to implement, and it exists within a pretty tremendous pool of ideas we are currently contemplating. We are constantly adding new functionality though, at a rate of a new maintenance release every month or two. If you submit your to our UserVoice forum, as so many have already, we’ll take it under consideration and see what we can do!

Thank you for your support and understanding. Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

welshartnow
    Participant

Somebody helped me with this, if it’s useful to others then-

Add this in the header.php of your child theme, make sure jquery is also loaded in this file

<script>
    $(document).ready(function(){
    var check = $(“.type-tribe_events .tribe-mini-calendar-event .list-date”).html();
    console.log(check);
    $(“.type-tribe_events”).each(function(){
    //console.log($(this).find(“.list-date”).html());
    if($(this).find(“.list-date”).html()==check){
    $(this).closest(“.type-tribe_events”).show();
    }else{
    $(this).closest(“.type-tribe_events”).hide();
    }
    });
    });
    </script>

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Change the default view for the calendar widget from month to today’ is closed to new replies.