Change the default view for categories to List view

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Change the default view for categories to List view

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Alicia
    Participant

The snippet provided here https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/change-default-categories-view/ doesn’t seem to be working, even on a site with a default theme and no plugins. The error messages are showing deprecated code, so I’m wondering if there’s a new snippet available, or another solution, that would provide this functionality?

Screenshot

• This topic was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Alicia.
    • This topic was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Ronald.
    • This topic was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by Ronald.
    Ronald
    Participant

Hi Alicia,

Thanks for the question and for pointing out that our snippet was out of date!

We have updated the snippet so it shows the correct code (I hope!).  Also, just an FYI, if you don’t want to see those kinds of messages you turn off wp-debug, but if you had done that we would have never seen the error!

So thanks again for catching that for us,

Cynthia
    Participant

Hello,

I am having a similar problem. I added the code snippet as shown on the page:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/change-default-categories-view/ to my functions.php file. The main calendar works fine, but when trying to access a category view, I get a server error 500.

All other extensions were turned off and I reverted back to the parent theme, which is Divi, but still have the same issue.

I am using Event Calendar Pro, version 4.0.5

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Geoff

Hi Cynthia,

Thanks for chiming in! Would you be willing to open a separate thread for this? It seems to be a slightly different issue from what was originally reported and opening a new thread will help us track the issues separately.

In the meantime, I would suggest making sure that the snippet was pasted into the functions.php file in the correct place, either at the very bottom before any closing PHP tags or at the very top of the file right after the opening PHP tag (<?php).

Thanks and we’ll see you in the other thread!

Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Change the default view for categories to List view’ is closed to new replies.