Change text on Find Events search button?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Change text on Find Events search button?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Mad Dog
    Participant

How can I change the text on the FIND EVENTS button in the search bar of the list view page? Not just the word “events” which I already changed site-side, but the whole thing. The client insists they want it to say “Click to Search.”

Oy

Thanks

Barry

Hi Barry,

You certainly can!

Please review our Themer’s Guide first of all as it provides a good explanation of how template overrides work. In essence, though, you would copy this file:

plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/modules/bar.php

Place the copy in your theme, like this:

themes/YOUR_THEME/tribe-events/modules/bar.php

Then locate this line:

<input class="tribe-events-button tribe-no-param" type="submit" name="submit-bar" value="<?php echo esc_attr( sprintf( __( 'Find %s', 'tribe-events-calendar' ), tribe_get_event_label_plural() ) ); ?>" />

Simply change it to:

<input class="tribe-events-button tribe-no-param" type="submit" name="submit-bar" value="Click to Search" />

Does that help?

Barry

…I forgot to link to the Themer’s Guide – you can find it here:

theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide

Mad Dog
    Participant

Thanks. I should be able to get this changed. I’ve been making lots of these changes but the template hierarchy gets complicated and the Themer’s Guide doesn’t list all the module files. Maybe the Guide can be updated to include the module files — I never would have guessed bar.php was the one without drilling down through a couple of other template files first.

Barry

Thanks for the feedback: getting our documentation right is important and we genuinely appreciate this sort of constructive criticism – I’ll make a note for us to revise and update this area 🙂

Mad Dog
    Participant

Easy change. THANKS

Barry

Glad it worked 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Change text on Find Events search button?’ is closed to new replies.