Change price input options (comma / dot)

Home Forums Ticket Products Community Tickets Change price input options (comma / dot)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dirk
    Participant

Hi guys,

We had some complaints about the fact that when community tickets users enter a price for their ticket using a comma the price will not give the correct amount. This is because in more European countries the dot and the comma are used vice versa.

Example how it is now:
    If someone puts in 13,00 the ticket price will comes up like 1300.00 while it should come out like 13.00 (US standards).

Anyway; we would like the standard of the comma and the dot to be the other way around since it now confuses community members and they started to charge outrages prices for their events, hahaha 😉

I hope this is possible,

Thanks in advance!

Dirk

Geoff

Hi Dirk,

Good question! The number formatting is coming straight from WooCommerce. Have you checked the setting in WooCommerce > Settings > General in the Currency Options section? There are some configurations there for the thousands separator, but am not sure the settings are quite flexible enough to solve what you’re looking for.

Also, as a quick test, does the same thing happen when you add a ticket for an event from the back-end of the site rather than the Community Events form?

Let’s start here and see what we find.

Thanks!
    Geoff

Dirk
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

Thank you for the quick respons.
    The funny thing is: In the woocommerce settings it’s already set that way.
    So the ‘ . ‘ for the thousand seperator and the ‘ , ‘ for the decimal separator.

To answer your question: it’s the same on the front and back-end. We noticed it before but didn’t really want to make it into a point since we were the only ones putting in tickets anyway. Since now many many can freely create tickets, and many for the first time I turned out to be a bigger issue.

I’ll also browse the web a little. So nothing in the edit-events file that may solve this?

Thanks,
    Dirk

Geoff

Hey Dirk,

In talking to our lead developer about this, it does appear that WooCommerce Tickets does override the default WooCommerce currency settings. I’ve gone ahead and logged a ticket for this in our system so we can look into it further. I’ll mark this thread “Pending Fix” in the meantime and will be sure to follow-up with you when we have more to share.

Thanks for the heads up!

Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Change price input options (comma / dot)’ is closed to new replies.