Change (Previous/Next) Event Titles on Event Detail Page

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Change (Previous/Next) Event Titles on Event Detail Page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Is there a way to change the Events Detail page so that it doesn’t display the full title of the next and previous events? Even if it could just display “Next Event” and “Previous Event” instead, that would be helpful.

Thanks!

Joe

Brian
    Keymaster

Joe,

There is a way to change the text for those links to “Next Event” and “Previous Event”.

You are going to want to follow the Themer’s Guide to get a copy of the single-event.php in your theme.

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/events-calendar-themers-guide/

Once the file is there you can edit the coding that looks like this at the bottom of the file:

<h3 class="tribe-events-visuallyhidden"><?php _e( 'Event Navigation', 'tribe-events-calendar' ) ?></h3>
    <ul class="tribe-events-sub-nav">
    	<li class="tribe-events-nav-previous"><?php tribe_the_prev_event_link( '<span>«</span> %title%' ) ?>
    	<li class="tribe-events-nav-next"><?php tribe_the_next_event_link( '%title% <span>»</span>' ) ?>
    <!-- .tribe-events-sub-nav -->

Look for this %title% in each link and change that to the text you would like. Then save and that is it.

Let me know if you get stuck or need help on a step.

Thanks!

Brian, let me give this a try. Thanks for your help!

Brian,
    I added the folder tribe-events to my theme folder, edited a copy of the single-events.php file to reflect the text I needed, and moved it into the tribe-events folder I had created, but the plugin isn’t changing. I tried adding a subdirectory for views in the tribe-events folder, but no luck either. Any tips?

Thanks,

Joe

Brian
    Keymaster

Joe,

Sorry you are having some trouble with this. Let me see if I can help out.

The Directory should look like this:

wp-content/themes/yourlivetheme/tribe-events/single-event.php

Can you please verify that is how it looks on your site?

Also, please double check the changes made it to the single-events.php. (I usually try to add some words below the first div to make sure the edits are showing up)

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks!

Brian
    Keymaster

Hello Joe,

I am going to close this topic as we typically close threads if there is no activity after two weeks. Feel free to create a new thread and reference this one to save you time.

Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Change (Previous/Next) Event Titles on Event Detail Page’ is closed to new replies.